PDA

View Full Version : particle and fast moving objects

SEVA
02-22-2008, 06:09 AM
Have a fast moving animated car which is kick up snow. The car has emitter attached to tires.
Problem: How do you deal with particles attached to fast moving object from breaking apart due to rapid motion very fast moving. Apart from trying to increase oversampler, bring down the conserve to .95, inherit factor 0.05 and increasing emit rate/speed. Still get strobing emitter and mass kaos of particles.
Also wrote an internal drag function in the runtime to offset the velocity.
Particle work better when slowing down car half speed.
Maybe someone has good idea dealing with this problem

rxgeez
02-23-2008, 10:44 PM
*edit: I was going to tell you to increase oversampling but after rereading your post i see you already tried that...sorry for the post

hkspowers
02-24-2008, 08:45 AM
You might want to increase your speed random function, part of the reason particles strobe is due to the fact all particles may be emitting at the exact same rate.

Hope this helps,
James

Bonedaddy
02-24-2008, 03:19 PM
hkspowers is right. You want to add variety into your particle emission. In addition to changing up their initial speed, try adding a bit of variety into their mass (assuming you're using forces besides gravity), and changing up their birth position a little bit (min/max distance, if you're spawning straight from an emitter). That should help the strobing a lot.

SEVA
02-24-2008, 04:42 PM
random emission has a noise expression to help with that issue. I suppose I can try playing with mass. I was thinking has anyone attempted to remove all translation on a fast moving object and place object at the origin and apply external forces to create wind. Basically removing the object from shot space. Problem is once sim and cached how to put back the translation or back into shot space. Hope that made any sense.

CGTalk Moderation
02-24-2008, 04:42 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.