PDA

View Full Version : FBX and XSI

mef
02-21-2008, 02:19 PM
I have XSI 6 and I'm trying to find an FBX importer/exporter for it. I've installed Crosswalk thinking that it would include it, but I was incorrect. Doing a web search hasn't been too fruitful either.
Is there anyone that can point me in the right direction?

Marc

tarkovsky
02-21-2008, 03:44 PM
File -> Crosswalk -> import/export FBX ?

works here.

tark

mef
02-21-2008, 07:24 PM
Doesn't work here.
I downloaded the latest version of Crosswalk off of the company site, but still no go.
I'm new to XSI so I don't know if there is something that I have to turn on in the program to get this feature to work.
I'm running Essentials, if that makes a difference.

-M

tarkovsky
02-22-2008, 10:34 AM
You can't import anything or is it a specific scene? If nothing works, I would contact softimage support...

tark

stblair
02-22-2008, 03:42 PM
If you do not see the Crosswalk > Import FBX and Crosswalk > Export FBX commands, then for some reason the FBX plugin was not loaded.

Open the Plugin Manager, expand Factory Root > Plugins.
You'll probably see a red triangle on the XSI FBX plugin.
Double-click the plugin, what error is displayed?

mef
02-22-2008, 08:11 PM
FBX is no place to be found.
I can import other things without a problem, but it's FBX that I need.
I've attached a screengrab of my plugin manager in case someone can see what I may have overlooked.

-M

If you do not see the Crosswalk > Import FBX and Crosswalk > Export FBX commands, then for some reason the FBX plugin was not loaded.

Open the Plugin Manager, expand Factory Root > Plugins.
You'll probably see a red triangle on the XSI FBX plugin.
Double-click the plugin, what error is displayed?

stblair
02-22-2008, 08:16 PM
Check your Crosswalk install.

There should be an FBX folder:

C:\Softimage\Crosswalk2.5\Plugins\FBX

If there is such a folder, then go back to the Plugin Manager, click Load, and go to C:\Softimage\Crosswalk2.5\Plugins\FBX\Win32 and load the FBXXSI.dll. What happens?

mef
02-22-2008, 08:35 PM
Thanks alot. I now have FBX and all is right with the world again.

-M

Check your Crosswalk install.

There should be an FBX folder:

C:\Softimage\Crosswalk2.5\Plugins\FBX

If there is such a folder, then go back to the Plugin Manager, click Load, and go to C:\Softimage\Crosswalk2.5\Plugins\FBX\Win32 and load the FBXXSI.dll. What happens?

CGTalk Moderation
02-22-2008, 08:35 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.