PDA

View Full Version : Lightwave Scenes

Scarabrae
02-21-2008, 10:50 AM
Hi

Very near to deciding wheter to purchase messiah, particularly with the great price on version 3 at the moment.

I use lightwave normally. Am I able to easily incorporate scene elements for staging etc, as well as the character I am animating either using messiah as a standalone or as a plugin with LW? I'm sure I can but just wanted to be sure before I buy.

Thanks

peksi
02-21-2008, 11:14 AM
Personally I feel MDD is the way to go. It has some quirks (like linear interpolation between frames causing changes in volume with motionblur and very fast movement), but I think it's simple enough not to cause nasty problems when you are in hurry.

But I'd like to hear if and why others prefer different pipeline.

Ulven
02-21-2008, 01:21 PM
Yep, and you can load lws 6 (I dunno about the 9.2 format) scenes into messiah so you can get placements of various props too if you want.

Scarabrae
02-21-2008, 01:41 PM
Yep, and you can load lws 6 (I dunno about the 9.2 format) scenes into messiah so you can get placements of various props too if you want.

Thanks.

Checked out your autorigger tutorial, looks very useful, thanks for developing it.

Scarabrae
02-21-2008, 07:02 PM
Just placed my order! :)

CGTalk Moderation
02-21-2008, 07:02 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.