PDA

View Full Version : Blending motion between two input rigs

gozzer
02-21-2008, 03:20 AM
Hi guys,

I have a rig which is fully keyframed from a motion capture session. I was wondering if there is a simple way I can add a layer of control on top of this animation, to do some minor manual edits? Fixing head rotation, exaggerating jumps, etc.

All help appreciated!

Cheers,
Daniel

axiomatic
02-21-2008, 06:01 AM
mmmm, trax allows you to non-destructively key over the top of existing animation curves if that's what you're after?

gozzer
03-03-2008, 04:23 AM
Thanks for your reply axiomatic, sorry for the late response.

The trax editor thing sounds like what I'm after. Could you point me in the right direction to get started on something like that?

Cheers,
Daniel

axiomatic
03-04-2008, 01:25 AM
probably googling for a tutorial will help you more than a quickie intro here (also try maya help) but essentially the workflow is to create a Character Set and then use that set to create Character Clips (captured piece of animation). With the clips saved externally you can open up the Trax Editor window then and load in some of your saved character clips, these can be cycled, stretched and blended in a variety of ways without changing your original clips (unless desired).

It's probably worth grabbing a book or some tutorials on if budget allows :)

gozzer
03-04-2008, 11:26 PM
Hehe, alrighty. Thanks heaps!

:-)

CGTalk Moderation
03-04-2008, 11:26 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.