PDA

View Full Version : DWIII - 3D - Kalee - Icaria of Theia

Kalee
02-21-2008, 01:33 AM
Hmm this is my first time entering anything like this. Oh well I got to start somewhere right? Good luck guys :thumbsup: Now I get to ad something. SKETCHES WILL BE COMING LATER TODAY

Army of the Wind

Name: Icaria of Theia
Race: Human / Bird people (think I staying with human)
Class: Stalker
Artifact weapon: Air/Lightning – Two handed sword that can be converted to a lance

History:
The Army of the Wind
The Army of the Wind used to be called The Wind People. They were always an air bound people. Before the ultimate weapon was launched they were the masters of the sky. Using Metal creature to travel to different parts of the Universe. Every race came to them for advice on their own flying machines.

Now 1000 years later they only know as the Army of the Wind. There old name long forgotten by bloodshed and tears of the fallen. The Army of the Wind was created to still the tide of the machines.

The Wind People are but a shadow of their former glory. They are still masters of the sky, but the large metal creatures are of the past. They use magic to take to the skies. With rigs based on the bird models and long perfected by their elders, they can zip through enemy fire like it was as normal as walking. The time of trading is of the past. With their understanding and control of airflow and wind, using magic, they can unleash a devastating attack on the enemy.

The Army of the Wind were a peaceful people. With their knowledge of the wind and aerodynamics they were the first to master flight after the great weapon was launched. And trade was good for a while. Since the machines started to awake, all trade routes have become cut off from one another. Trade has slowed down to a halt. As result the Army of the Wind use their skills for WAR instead of trade and they have become very proficient in their new skills. So much so that they are a feared enemy to come up against.

Icaria

Icaria is a long lost descendent of Icarus and he is one of the most feared assassins.
Icaria was once a humble trader, a man that was always been in good spirits, a man anyone could call friend. Now, he is feared above all else.
After he saw his wife and child die of starvation and nearly succumbing to it himself, he was saved. It is probably more accurate to say that his body was saved, for the soul never forgets or heals as easily. Icaria was saved by Master Assassin who stumbled upon his house during his travels. He saw the man’s plight and new that without direction he would not last long in this cruel world. He taught him how to use his veteran skill as a flyer for other endeavors then those of trading. He taught him all that he knew about weapons and stealth. Within a short time Icaria was proficient in all skills needed to be master in his own right. The master assassin knew that Icaria would be feared, not so much for his skill, but his eyes. After leaving his master, Icaria went to join the Army of the Wind. A lot of his people had joined up in hopes of glory and money for their family. Icaria wanted nothing more than to rid the world of the machines and create ever lasting peace.

It has been 10 years since he last saw his wife and child. Yet… He can still remember the taste of her lips and the smell of her hair. Icaria has become detached from the real world. He sees his only purpose as to free his people from their turmoil.

If he could feed his own heart to the machine god to satisfy their needs he would.

Kalee
03-11-2008, 01:06 AM
I guess I still need to make alot of decisions, but I'm on my way. I think I'll stay with the human form. A strong warrior tired by war is what I'm heading for. The wings a suit might be one element, or separate. I'm not sure yet. No heavy armor. May a few patches her and their. For the rest it's just gonna be mainly human features under a tight skin of clothing. Well I'll keep you posted. Should have a final sketch after the weekend.

Kalee
03-19-2008, 11:47 AM
Well these will be my last sketches. I've decided to just start the 3d work. And make decisions while I'm modeling. So you can expect some preliminary models soon.

Kalee
03-24-2008, 11:09 PM
Well these are the first 3d renders of the flight pack and boots/pants. I'll do the body and arms tonight and hopefully the hands. We'll see how it goes. The way I work is I start a model with as little polys as possible. Finish the model off the then ad detail until no more tix can be added considering that we are only aloud 9000. Well Thanks for the feedback guys

Cheers,

K

Kalee
03-25-2008, 11:00 AM
a couple of hours later...

Now the head,Helmet and Lance/sword. Hope I make it with 4000 tix lefft :P

Kalee
03-27-2008, 02:20 AM
1st shot at the head. It still needs ears and eyes.

ReinierB
04-07-2008, 03:29 AM
Greetings Kalee!

I enjoyed watching the progression from the sketches up through the recent models. :beer: The latest body model looks really awesome! I am looking forward to some further iterations!!!

Kalee
04-09-2008, 06:26 AM
This is the construction sheet for my model. I've already uploaded all my final images. I can't work on this anymore. To many mistakes have been made during the build and I can't turn them around in time to get a polished product. Anyway thanks for everything. How goes in Reinier? You still in NZ? When are you leaving to go back to NL?

Here's the link to my final images

CGTalk Moderation
04-09-2008, 06:26 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.