View Full Version : DWIII - 3D - DiLysch - Dendri

DiLysch
02-21-2008, 01:33 AM
Just a concept for now...

Race: (alien)
Class: Invoker
Artifact: Vegetation
Name: Dendri (Mahk Lidyr)

1003 years ago... Mahk Lidyr was orphaned when the machines attacked the outpost settlement where he lived. The sole survivor of the attack, he was near death when natives of the planet found him. Although he was accepted at first, he soon became an outcast because of his natural ability to controlling the energy in the forests around him. He left the tribe at the age of 23 and wandered the trees. The more time Mahk spent in the woods, the more he began to take on the traits of the vegetation around him. He took on the life spans of the trees, the armor of their bark, and the energy they posess. He learned on his own the secrets of manipulating nature to his will, even creating it out of nothing.

For a thousand years he lived like this. Travelers would tell talls about the old man in the woods that seemed to be part of the forest itself. Legends spread through out the system about a fantasticly powerful magician. The native tribes worshipped him as a god, and named him Dendri. When the threat of the machines returned, he was saught out to help battle the menace. Dendri agreed with the promise of solitude once his task was complete.

And so, Dendri left the woods for the first time in 1000 years to earn his peace and finally take revenge on the creatures that took his friends, his family, his home.

Five
02-21-2008, 06:04 PM
Great idea and story. Best of luck man.

Danimal2
02-26-2008, 03:31 AM
Cool idea. Go LD

DiLysch
02-26-2008, 06:15 PM
Well, this is the first concept sketch. I wanted to move away from the big busted women/ hurculean men, badass armor and whisp of smoke demons... So I went with this type of direction. I'm not happy with the head, that'll have to change.

Thoughts? The more the better!

DiLysch
02-28-2008, 04:43 PM
No feedback? I am getting started on my second round of concepting, and would love some feed back. Helps me get going in the right direction... thoughts?

Five
02-29-2008, 05:20 PM
I like the direction your heading but I think right now your concept needs a stronger silhouette. I'd take the drawing as is and fill it black on a different layer then adjust the shape till its more pronounced. That'll help it stand out more for sure. I'd aslo like to see more elements from nature. Simply put, find a ton of reference and go nuts then tone down from there.

I also agree with you about the head. I'd make it seem more defined, carved and ancient. Like stone or maybe wood? But still be actual flesh. Hard to explain. Hope this helps.

Keep working!

-D

CGTalk Moderation
02-29-2008, 05:20 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.