PDA

View Full Version : DWIII - 3D - Holy - Warlord - JUDGE

DeathNinja
02-21-2008, 12:09 AM
All right here goes! I have been stoked about this contest for weeks now and finally I can get started. :)

I have chosen to do a Holy Warlord. His or her weapon (haven't decided on the humanoid type yet) will be the Legendary weapon known as "Hammer of Life". This is a massive mace that was created to focus the ultimate power of its relic "LIFE".

LIFE is said to hold the power of all creation and oblivion. It was found that when struck hard enough it will release some of its power to protect its self and judge anything near it. If you happened to be near it and of an impure existence you would be unmercifully destroyed. Although if you were good and just you would be given a great gift.... To some you would be healed of any wounds or inflections. It has even been said that it could prolong life....

Well that's what I got in the works so far but much more to come. Good luck to all involved.

Here is the concept for LIFE!

DeathNinja
02-24-2008, 05:47 PM
Some thoughts! Just trying to make out the humanoid form. Not really caring to much about the armor just yet.

polygonwarrior
02-24-2008, 05:52 PM
Best of luck buddy.Let destry the enemies.
would follow ur thread.:thumbsup:

DeathNinja
02-27-2008, 11:31 PM
Nandlaskar, thank you and good luck to you too.

I have another little update! i used Zbrush and its sweet "ZBalls" feature to come up with a shape that i am happy with. Ill be doing some paint overs soon and writing out the back story for "JUDGE". Good luck all!

GavinG
02-27-2008, 11:53 PM
Looking cool so far man, nice proportions.

Cheers,
Gav

Okcyde
02-28-2008, 01:58 AM
Strong concepts! I like the direction you've gone. The sphere of life is particularly interesting. I'm eager to see how such a stout character wields it. Keep up the good work!

DeathNinja
03-21-2008, 06:33 AM
I have been really bz lately but I have finally have something to post. I really appreciate the support guys it really means a lot!

DeathNinja
03-25-2008, 12:43 AM
Felt like skipping ahead a bit. I started working on the headbust sculpt. A good bit left to do but I hope you get where I am going.

DeathNinja
03-25-2008, 04:31 AM
Painted the face. The shaders are temporary for the moment. Started a helmet mock up.

DeathNinja
03-25-2008, 03:01 PM
Started mocking up the body.

DeathNinja
03-26-2008, 06:13 AM
In the grand scheme of things the details in the body is rather unimportant but I feel like making them any way. If this were for a production piece I would not bother with it and just go into the armor because you wouldn't see much if any of this any way.

jttruong85
03-26-2008, 06:48 AM
Wow, nice Zbrush work! :eek:
good luck to you.

DeathNinja
03-27-2008, 12:11 AM
First: Thank you jttruong85.

Second: I was going to fully paint and sketch out the concept but... I am going to try a new technique and concept the armor in zbrush. Mostly because I like working in a "clay-ish" mode more then I like to sketch. I will blob out the main areas first and thin clone that a few times so that I can make a few ruff meshes. Here is the blob mesh that I will make the concepts from.

blindsyte
03-27-2008, 04:23 AM
pretty damn cool... shame you have to cover up that cool face with a helmet. maybe have him hold the helmet at his side... i dunno. also, is there a way to take those cool zbrush shaders over to max or maya? they really treat the face well without any maps.

DeathNinja
03-29-2008, 06:04 AM
Hey thanks blindsyte! As far as I know you cant get Zbrush shaders to work in anything else. I am going to try to fake it in Max though. Will see how that goes...

CGTalk Moderation
03-29-2008, 06:04 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.