PDA

View Full Version : Auto Painting not functioning

LIMEYtwo
02-20-2008, 08:50 PM
I recently purchased Painter X and I have been testing out the features most of which appear straight foreward. However,I do have a problem with getting Auto Painting to work.I have followed the instructions in the user guide carefully enough but when I test this feature a selected image is either painted over with a pattern or flat color but the image is not manipulated in any way,even though the layer is selected, tracing is off and I have made just about every possible brush and painting selection available.
I am also testing a trial version of Painter Essentials 4 for comparison and that has always worked simply and as expected with photo painting.I am hoping that Painter will give me more control using this effect but at the moment it appears that I have no choices at all....

I must be overlooking one crucial step somewhere but I cannot figure out what it is....
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks
LIMEY two

fenixway
02-22-2008, 02:34 PM
Hi. Limey
You should try Auto-painting with Quick clone...

LIMEYtwo
02-22-2008, 03:36 PM
Thanks for the reply Carlos
unfortunately even though I followed your instruction and the paint marks appear over my image the actual pixels on that image are not being manipulated in any way.I just end up with brush strokes that have actually done nothing but appear on top of the image...The original photo is unchanged...!
Very strange...I am wondering if I need to reinstall Painter completely to see if that fixes the problem...

Any other suggestions....?
Thanks
Limey

LIMEYtwo
02-22-2008, 04:07 PM
Carlos
since my last post after trying once again to get the technique to work it suddenly has.....and I was only trying what I had tried dozens of times before....There must have been some sort of a bug that was affecting things but it is working just as I had expected.I hope it continues to do so.

Thanks for your advice anyway....
Limey

Michaelws
02-22-2008, 10:19 PM
Hi Limey,

Just noticed you are from Crested Butte...assuming Colorado. My folks have a place up on Mt. Crested Butte. Went there this past xmas. Hope you are staying warm and that the snow plows are running regularly.

Michael

LIMEYtwo
02-22-2008, 10:49 PM
Hi Michael
Crested Butte Colorado it is....don't you just love it...?

the snow has let up a bit but the snow plows are still moving the snow around...every minute of every day...an increment here and an increment there...Trucking it off....to who knows where...1500 truck loads hauled out of town so far and it seems there is no longer anywhere to put it.Yet we are expecting another couple of storms this weekend ...3-5" forecasted tonight and 1-3" then another storm hits again on Sunday with the possibility of even more snow until Tuesday.....!

....the constant shoveling is driving us all crazy.....skiing is wonderful though, can't complain about that.....How is the snow in Hawaii doing these days..........I'll bet there's not a plow within 3000 miles of the place....?

Regards
Limey

CGTalk Moderation
02-22-2008, 10:49 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.