PDA

View Full Version : UV's move when object is animated.

Shaolee
02-20-2008, 05:06 PM
Hi.

I have this problem with a UV mapp on my characters head. The character was first rigged and skinned. Then, much later, I realized I had to UV mapp it. So I did. The problem is that now that I animate it the UV mapp changes with the moving of the mesh. I have this idea that it might have something to do with that the UV mapping is after the skin cluster node. What do you think? This is not the first time I came to this problem:-(

Please....does anyone know?

kyleb2112
02-20-2008, 06:55 PM
Texturing-->Create Texture Reference Object should lock your texture in place.

Shaolee
02-22-2008, 08:40 AM
Thanx for the tip;-)

However, when I try to do that I get an error message saying that I allready have a reference input. Im new in this project, so I'm not sure of how things have been made and the people that made the setup and modeling has left the project. But I don't think that the model has any references. It is beeing used as one. But that shouldn't show up as an input conection, should it?

flumpa
02-22-2008, 09:35 PM
I haw similar problems, and i solves it by move the uvs and then make a "delete all by type".. I don't really now why this work for me.. Hope it helps..

CGTalk Moderation
02-22-2008, 09:35 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.