PDA

View Full Version : DWIII - 3D - XP-58 - Aeria

XP-58
02-20-2008, 02:21 PM
Ookay! I'm goin with CGS! :buttrock:

Friggin scared with all the good entries from all the forums but here I go! :scream:

After some sketching and thinking I chose this particular thumbnail. Asked several friends about what they feel about it without giving them the background and most of the responses quite matched what's on my brain so let me try that here too. What kind of image you get with this silhouette?

http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/4841/thumbsbw03xz2.jpg

I didn't put weapon yet inside there and there's actually somekind of a background story I thought before that, but I'll post that later.

Crits & comments please. If anything looks like it's over-cliche do let me know.

XP-58
02-20-2008, 06:00 PM
The thing after some blocking out in photoshop:

http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/9358/aeaajm1.jpg

Supposed to be an aerial invoker class. Thinking of fire element and cgs color scheme. Almost nothing show any indication of fire yet though, probably implemented through color and some effects later :shrug:

Decided to have an elegant, feminine feeling for this, I suppose the symmetrical design is also a part of it. I imagine she can fly without flapping by using magic to continually burst fire out of the wings (effect on the dragon's mouth) to produce thrust. The pointy legs are what I tried to show some levitating feeling, let's see how well it works.

The staff is just to be there as placeholder, definitely not what's in my mind. Hell, actually the whole thing may subject to changes.

Now I need to go and flush out some more ideas ....

Rion411
02-20-2008, 08:31 PM
Really digging your design. The wings are looking insanely awesome. Since the staff is a placeholder, maybe you can come up with another one to implement the fire element.

eMysfit
02-21-2008, 06:23 AM
I agree the wings are looking 'insanely awesome'. Fire would be cool and stuff but I think I'd go with the lightning/air catagory. Just because I think it'd be cool to shoot lightning bolts from the sky and use the wind to fly faster and stuff like that haha. She'd be almost like Storm from xmen though I guess...but it'd still be cool.

Then again I guess going fire would still have smiliar effect. She could just fly and shoot fire bolts from the sky.

Anyway you go I'm sure it'll be awesome!

dmightyone
02-21-2008, 06:28 AM
looks really good! i especially like the wing details. the whole concept reminds me of one character in a demo reel i've seen from julianna kolakis. i think it could be good reference for you :http://www.kolakisart.com/WEB_gallery-images/goddess_sovanna02.jpg

REKLAS
02-21-2008, 07:03 AM
I think the scarf looking thing is a bit to rigid and should appear more loose and free-flowing, other than that I think it's awesome. Really nice sense of depth shown with the values. Can't wait to see this colored.

XP-58
02-22-2008, 10:51 AM
Thanks for the comments guys! I intend from the start to have the focus on the wing, aside from the artifact. Actually before I had known that artifact should be either handheld or gauntlets, I planned the wing piece to be the artifact. I shifted some artifact features of that idea into the staff (still in paper) though.

Right now I'm exploring different main layout of the wing to see if I can come up with something better. I'll post again in few hours.

Rion411: the fire elemental staff sounds like it can be explored, I may try it later.

eMysfit: element can still be changed, although it's already shifted to fire at this moment. Like if I have the feathers colored in fire color, it looks like the dragon piece is sprouting fire. This make sense more than if I colored them white or electric style.

dmightyone: Thanks for the link! The picture looks awesome. I dig the clothing on the back, they do make her look floaty! That's a good reference! Totally inorganic wings are cool and it did crossed my mind before but I abandoned it. Reasons are, first, I worried it strays into the path of the "machines". Second, if it's not metal, it may be recognized as artifact and then since I'd have 2 different artifact I may get disqualified. Third, continuing from the second one, I worried that the impression will become this (http://images.wikia.com/finalfantasy/images/2/24/BahamutX%26X-2whole.jpg)

REKLAS: You're right about the scarf. Next time I'll try to get it more flowing like dmightyone's reference.

Loukor
02-22-2008, 11:06 AM
It's coming along really well, I like the traditional feeling of the wings yet it looks powerful. Cheers.

CharlesVarenne
02-22-2008, 11:18 AM
As dmightyone said it really look like this pic below which is annoying. I think you really change some stuff so it doesnt match with this pic. Getting inspiration is good, but your sketch looks like you really copy a lot of stuff, even the pose is similar.
No mean to be harsh but I think you should really push your design forward so it gets its own originality :)

http://www.xsibase.com/images/jk6.jpg

XP-58
02-22-2008, 11:39 AM
CharlesVarenne: You're right man, I feel that too. Don't worry about harsh comments, that's the way to improve afterall :thumbsup: I did received harsher one from my friend. Please check out the next updates :)

Morgado
02-22-2008, 02:21 PM
Heya

How about the wings are the fire? I mean her artifact (staff in this case) can be the power provider for them (you'd have to put visual cues to that though).

And im not sure if the artifact has to be the weapon, or something else.

If you're going for the fire propelled idea, heres some more reference that might help you (sorry for the small image, couldnt find larger):
http://mtgdraw.com/images/darksteel/Furnace%20Dragon.full.jpg

XP-58
02-22-2008, 08:18 PM
So here I got several thumbnails of different wing configurations. Some are still bare without any wing armor and stuff though :shrug:

http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/3118/stageii02ah5.jpg

If you notice, 9 is the bare version of the one that I'm using now. Fighter aircrafts gave me inspirations for some of the configurations :D - 13 and 14 (and the rest of canard configuration) came from those canard+delta crafts like rafale (http://www.globalaircraft.org/photos/planephotos/rafale_2.jpg). I didn't thought of Su-35 (http://www.globalaircraft.org/photos/planephotos/rafale_2.jpg) while drawing 7 but it ended up similar. 10, 11, 12 are derived from berkut (http://www.egyptdailynews.com/My%20Webs/edailypics/berkutS37.jpg).

Morgado: When you say fire wings, somehow this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BG1IqRWu-MU) pops up in my head :) However that really sparked some idea on my head, thanks man! The weapon (sorry no presentable sketch yet, will come soon) is going to be a twin transformable thing with mechanism similar to chinese fan or umbrella. The modes so far are 2 x fan, 1 x regular staff, 1 x oversized wide area/heavy spell amplifier device. Additional modes popped up on sketch includes 2 x sword and 2 x magic shield. When you said "visual cue", I realized it's very easy to include 2 x booster that can be attached to legs, hip, or wings for speed bonus. Then there I can have my fire wings or something like that properly explained by the artifact. Thumbs 4, 11, 12, and 13 have this kind of weapon docked in booster mode.

ardenrey
02-22-2008, 08:53 PM
Nice scetches! I like 4,8 and 12. Keep it up! Good Luck!:thumbsup:

Morgado
02-22-2008, 09:49 PM
Never seen that manga before, and that wasn't quite what I thought, but more as the wings being generated by some kind of "magic jet", and not flapping at all, but being the propeller of the aircraft... only shaped as wings.

As for the thumbs, n12 held my heart, especially if those things hanging out of the shoulder pads would become something organic.
N14 is also cool

XP-58
02-24-2008, 01:43 AM
I asked my friend around to vote. Including my own vote, it seems that 12 is really popular. I wonder if it's the hanging things? :) No.14 followed closely in 2nd place. I'll refine this two and see how it'll end up. Seems like nobody got problem with the dragon head so I'm going to implement that again. Some got problem with the current feet though.

So meanwhile, anybody got more votes?

StacyOgie
02-24-2008, 01:53 AM
This is insane (in a good way). The dragon wings are awesome and I don't think that you should throw those out. Whatever modifications you make, please please retain the dragons lol. I like 12 14 and 6. Six is really elegant and I'm a fan of elegance. Ten is a bit mechanical but I like the idea of having wings that are lower and more arched.

Morgado
02-24-2008, 02:47 PM
Yep its the hanging thingies that give it the grace. Those will look spectacular if their something more than simple cloth hanging from the shoulders :)

If you're still in the mood of experimenting shapes, making n12 again, but this time with the wings of n14. I reckon it will give her a more dynamic look.

questionmarks
02-24-2008, 02:55 PM
I vote for no.4 and no.12....

they are quiet a like...
just that no.12 maybe a bit confusing..looks like she has 2 types of wings......
nice thumbs...^^

bobrok
02-24-2008, 03:11 PM
I vote 10-12 :D
The thing with having the wings low down is very appealing and original. And the rest of the design of 10-12 is great too.

XP-58
02-25-2008, 08:53 PM
Thanks for the comments everyone!

Pardon me for the lousy pencil sketch but here's no.12 and 14:

http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/5206/aebasketchls0.jpg

http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/1791/aecasketchav2.jpg

Since 12's form is sharper, I tried to incorporate erm ... slightly more offensive looking details. The other way around, 14 got slightly more curvy details. Well, may not be that really different, but whatever.

The hanging thing was actually planned to be a long feather like those on long tailed birds from the start, with extra color pattern variation. I added it to 14 but not in the front side. Difficult to place it in front since it'll most likely cover up the dragon's face.

I think I'll need to speed up my work and nail down the concept so I won't lose too much of my modeling time :shrug:. That's quite an amount of detail to be modeled by a noob like me. Hopefully by the start of next month I can start modeling.

Morgado
02-25-2008, 09:34 PM
Still no12 for me

Although I like 14s headpiece better, and im sad to see the pointy feet are gone.

Keep it up :)

REKLAS
02-25-2008, 09:59 PM
There's certain element I like better on 12, and certain elements I like better on 14. Overall, I'm liking 12 more. They're both really cool looking though. I think you should lose the unicorn horn.

XP-58
02-26-2008, 07:48 AM
Morgado: I don't know you like the pointy legs! :D (No guarantee they will come back though)

REKLAS: Would you point out what are the elements that you like on both of them? And I suppose unicorn horn refer to both 12 and 14? Thanks!

madshooter
02-27-2008, 05:24 AM
Beautifull concepts. I like No.12 and 14. All the best Dude:thumbsup:

eMysfit
02-28-2008, 07:45 AM
14, I assume is the bottom of the two newer ones. That's my favorite! The directional flow of the wings and rest of the features feels smoother than the other one. How it's all flowing downward.

XP-58
03-03-2008, 07:17 AM
At last another update ... :shrug: Man, I'm really too slow. Hopefully shape-wise this is it for 2D concepting and further refinement will be done during modeling. As a note, more details will also be implemented during modeling.

Sorry it's only line sketches again :rolleyes:, made it slightly tidier and slapped a bit of lineweight to help you perceive better but still, a bit confusing. Wait for the shaded ones later. I used 12's overall layout, but tried to integrate the flow elements of 14 that I like.

Front view:

http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/2604/frontlinete1.jpg

Now it's the first time you can see the booster bay open on the left (our view) dragon. Hopefully it's not too tech looking, it starts to look like a stealth bomb bay to me :D. Left artifact is on fan mode, while the right is inside the dragon on booster mode. The ornament on the chest is the CGS logo, kind of hard to see from this view.

Anyway, weapon concept will come reeaaaly soon. Ugh, I think I've said this twice previously, but this time it's true, I just need another pic to draw.

I made a different pattern, a bird head that may join up with the wings nicely (?) on the back view:

http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/1756/backlinepf9.jpg

REKLAS
03-03-2008, 07:53 AM
Looking awesome. Really nice line work. Like you said, some of the stuff is a bit confusing, but in color it'll become clear. Can't wait to see this colored and in 3D.

Morgado
03-03-2008, 01:52 PM
Ill reserve judgement for when it is more than line art. Cant figure much at the moment :\

The idea for the sword is cool though, from what I can see

Firerbert
03-03-2008, 02:10 PM
I LIKE IT! Very Steel Angel Kurumi!:thumbsup:

XP-58
03-03-2008, 11:24 PM
Thanks for the comment, I'll work on the tone and color schemes after this! :D

Firerbert: Oh yeah? I never realized that looks like Kurumi :eek:

Weapon concept:

http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/6083/weaponallwebtn6.jpg

When I put "Fan (manipulation)" what I meant was that the form is more geared to manipulate the element, not like it loses the ability to cast.

You may notice that the decoration (I'll call it magic circuit ;)) areas are sometimes outside the radial sweep of the shell. This is on purpose just to get a nice shape. If I need to animate them, I will just scale/morph the planes. Anyway I changed the shape of the fan circuit.

The big damn thing on the bottom is the oversized magic amplifier thing that I thought of. During chanting it will most likely float without the need to hold it. Gameplay-wise, perhaps the character will be forced to stop moving while chanting with this thing. Result spell will be powerful, but the chanting time is also long. Had to either have very high MP supply to previously cast some defense or relying on allies protection. Accidentally it looks like an eye, so I just go with that.

Firerbert
03-04-2008, 01:27 AM
I mainly meant Kurumi in a hotness aspect! :drool:
Your weapon design is frickin' sweet!

XP-58
03-04-2008, 05:26 AM
Simple value added back and front view:

http://img412.imageshack.us/img412/3334/shadezo1.jpg

Color schemes after this :)

Anyway my thread is still "TBA" .. I wonder what should I name her? (me and my bad naming sense ... ) "Ava" or "Aeria" did appear on my mind though.

madshooter
03-04-2008, 06:21 AM
That is a rocking update Dude:thumbsup:. Ava, Aeria are good names. Also her name could be Erita or Laura:).

eMysfit
03-04-2008, 12:18 PM
How about something extravegant! Avaxia Eliquonix Anderhydria the Whisperwind Destroyer! Haha, that would be a long name.

I like the choices you've made, looking foward to some colors!

XP-58
03-05-2008, 07:51 AM
Did several color schemes that I think will work with fire element and below is how they ended up (removed the value). Thinking of exploring on light and/or wind but I'll just post this first.

http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/8886/colorcompilefa8.jpg

I like A, B, M, K, N (the last 2 look colorful, slap green on them and it's the whole spectrum -_-"). If I were to choose one it's B though. The color looks elegant to me.

Aside from color, probably it's safe for me to start modeling. Gotta test some workflow stuff since I'm not sure which way to go. Haven't model in ages, I'm outdated and trembling in fear ... :eek:

riu
03-05-2008, 09:41 AM
i'm diggin b,f,k,m,n

amazing concept!

madshooter
03-05-2008, 10:21 AM
B, K and N. I like N the most:).
Yeah Dude You should start modeling now, can't wait to see it in 3d.

Arcor
03-05-2008, 10:37 AM
Hey dude, loving the design.

Personally, i like B, L or M, i think the orange could lose it's impact if the character looks too bright overall, and you seem to have kept a nice balance there.

The Fan/Staff/Channeling Disc idea is amazing too, whilst transforming weapons aren't unique, i daresay nobody's done anything like this before.

eMysfit
03-05-2008, 11:56 AM
My favorite is I by far... but I also think A, L, N, and B(in that order) are good. Can't wait for those models!

musk
03-05-2008, 12:59 PM
I agree with eMysfit I is the way to go it also comes closest to the forum colors so you don't have to integrate the logo if you don't want to.

Firerbert
03-05-2008, 01:06 PM
Go with L! Those are awesome!

Morgado
03-05-2008, 01:30 PM
Hard to pick, and kind of depends on what you're looking for in terms of mood.

B and M are very harmonious colour wise, K makes the gal pop out from the wings. But im also really digging L, makes her look a kind of dark angel or something

erik_j
03-05-2008, 03:11 PM
B C M and J if you put some grays or such in it to make less uniformly chromatic.
I like the dragon heads in A also.

personally don't think you need fire:y gradients to denote fire element. imo it doesn't have to be overly obvious.

anyway looking totally stunning! so much eye-candy without getting overdone or unbalanced! I'm totally floored xU must improve the wow-factor of mine! yours is a book example in my eyes.
wish this would be for a game so I could wait for inevitable doujinshi 8 =|

danmason
03-07-2008, 01:48 PM
I really like C,I and M. I recon the darker colour schemes are a little more original. By using the different browns and earthy colours you could make the dragons heads on the wings look really organic, and almost carved, could be quite cool.

walrus
03-07-2008, 02:01 PM
Lovely work so far! Personally, I like the ones with the strongest values and a less varied palette, like A, C, and L. (Plus, team colors! Go team!) The problem I see with B is a lot of middle-range values make it stand out less, and it feels more removed from the CGSociety colors, which could then mean integrating the logo instead, and where are you going to stick that? (Although a tattoo around the navel could work... ;) )

I also have to echo Arcor's sentiments: Your artifact design is really nice!

Keep going... Good luck!

XP-58
03-07-2008, 11:54 PM
I read very useful comments from everyone, thanks a lot!

I'm thinking of trying out the colors later during texturing time so I can see just which kind of scheme is able to bring out the thing best. I'm thinking of plugging in some effects too so that should have some coordination with the colors too.

erik_j : I think you're right about the fire gradients. Those orange and yellow colors just seem to sprout everywhere :D With fire effect it's going to be a surekill indication of the element anyway. I'm glad that you found the character balanced enough. That was one of the thing I'm worrying most, whether the amount of gimmicks are going to ruin it. I put them around to get the eyes travel between those 'highlight' point, just like in illustration's composition. I'm just a noob, but I'll see what I can say about improving the wow-factor of yours after this. Anyway, LOL for the texts in smaller fonts! XD

walrus + musk : I put the logo on the cloth on top of the breast. It looks fitting there anyway so that way I'm freed from color restriction. A was my intended CGS color scheme, though maybe it'll look more CGS using red-black gradient like in L too :)

For the last two days I've been cramping my brain with zbrush video and tut I dug from zclassroom and zbrushcentral while testing out some workflow stuff. My brain is overloaded now ... :banghead:

I got zero experience in using zbrush so I wish I can create one learning model first but well ... doesn't seem like I have enough time so I'll just start using some of the less obvious stuff on her (like that piece on the back of the head or those on the back covered by hair) to level up before touching the main parts. :D

Since I got no idea how many tris I need to spend for the effects, and thus also how many tris I can spend for this and that parts, whether those particular ones got plane treatment, how big their UVs are going to be, and so on, I decided to just sculpt the highres model first, and then model the lowres using med-division model imported from zb as a guide. Normal baking will then be done either in max, or xnormal using max exported cage if it gets more than 1m tris.

I found something strange yesterday, tell me it's not a common knowledge. In Max (2008), UV seams seem to "alter" the normal on those area by a bit during render. So if I have a UV seam in a "normal" normal map area which involve large bump, there will be facets of the poly visible during render there. This, however, doesn't appear in viewport or XNormal. And also, the reverse is true. If I bake normal map in max on an object with that UV seam, the resulting normal map has facet/seam in that area. The seam on normal map, however, negates the effect. As such, it will look just fine during render, although seeing it in viewport or XNormal will in the other hand produces the seam/facet again. Damn weird! :shrug:In any case it's safer to hide the UV seam as much as possible though. I discovered this when I mistakenly use a sphere from zb that has all of its UV faces separated from each other (despite being adjacent perfectly).

MartinNielsen
03-08-2008, 08:02 AM
Very nice work all the way :thumbsup: F and L look fine to me, but it's a good idea to try the colors as textures later.

Maddog-CP
03-08-2008, 12:36 PM
Wow, just saw your color scheme tests, great stuff, my favs are L + M.

Great way to do colors, Im learning so much about concept work from joining this competition its great! keep going!

erik_j
03-08-2008, 01:47 PM
oh btw: totally forgot about the summoning element, in case you did too and aren't sure you want fire perhaps summoning runic dragons like her ornaments? :)

REKLAS
03-10-2008, 08:13 PM
My favorite is I by far.
Seconded. The colors in I are awesome looking. It has great contrast and a perfect amount of variety while not having too crazy of a color scheme like some of the others do. Of course I will say that it looks a bit on the dark side which might not be what you're going for. Looking sweet though. Good luck on the 3d. That's what I need to start on too.

XP-58
03-26-2008, 12:30 PM
If anybody thought that I'm dead, well I'm not, but my computer was :sad:. It crashed while bringing along 2 harddrives with it. One of them went totally dead (there goes 500 GB) :eek:. Luckily none of my working files are affected, but my time got wasted fixing the mess and now there's less than 2 weeks to the deadline now. I'll need caffeine ...

Anyway here's the main body in ZB (base model in MAX). Obviously not as good as some of the masters here. But well, if you don't count in some ugly spheres I used for testings, this character is going to be my 1st ZB model. Supposed to be a rush work to hit the deadline, but still ended up very slow in progress.

http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/4224/wip01db2.jpg

erik_j
03-26-2008, 01:00 PM
looking really nice! can't wait to see it with the wings and stuff! \\:3 :3// \\:3

Morgado
03-26-2008, 01:18 PM
Agreed, its looking very nice. only perhaps the hips could b a litle wider for a more voluptuous form in my opinion.

erik_j
03-26-2008, 01:39 PM
I think the hips look quite wide though but the midle body looks sort of short averagely speaking. if it were longer and allowed for a thinner waist the hips would seem more curvy I guess. though the ornaments are already done and stuff I guess.

MartinNielsen
03-26-2008, 01:58 PM
Nice modelling :thumbsup: Hope you make it :)

B3liar
03-26-2008, 02:01 PM
Great stuff - congratulations!
I prefer those color shematics (A,C,I,K)

Perhaps u should overlay them! ;-D

Keep it up!

Regards, B3liar

XP-58
03-27-2008, 05:29 PM
Thanks everyone for the comments.

Below is the twin dragon + bird pack. The pack was the first thing I tried to sculpt, although the body got finished first. Maybe you can find some traces of ugly sculpting remnants of my first struggle with ZB :rolleyes:. Anyway the fangs are a bit thin right now ... and now I notice there's a misplaced hole on the nose, just when did that happen ...

http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/7823/wip02atf7.jpg

http://img393.imageshack.us/img393/9126/wip02bhf7.jpg

The hip is covered by the dragon pack so I think the size doesn't really matter.

Gyorkland
03-28-2008, 04:12 PM
Hey man I went through almost the same my mainboard died on a hollyday! here on Ecuador 4 days lost. I replaced it but my pc is still not working too good, I've been making my updates from work.
Hope you can make it, same for me too

You 3d is looking as fine as your 2d hottest girl I've seen around the contest. Good luck man

XP-58
03-28-2008, 04:57 PM
A little update, the hat. Not particularly very detailed or what, but well ...

http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/6153/wip03gm5.jpg

Gyorkland : Yeah man, computers just seem to die in critical moments. Scanning and recovering that crashed harddisk alone took me forever to finish! Hope you can make it too!

Morgado
03-28-2008, 08:40 PM
Keep it up!

Only flaw I see are the small theeth of the dragons. They look too rounded

kkem
03-28-2008, 10:24 PM
crazy concept, i like it. Good job on the detailing of the torso. I agree with Morgado
on the small theeth though. Your dragon + bird pack has sharper, straighter lines apart from the rounded teeth.

XP-58
03-29-2008, 08:09 AM
Yet another small update, the 'canard' guard. Quick and dirty ...

http://img262.imageshack.us/img262/2243/wip04il3.jpg

The rounded teeth came from my reference/inspiration sculpture that happen to have those shape, but making them sharp is fast. Actually I've already done it while writing this.

madshooter
03-29-2008, 01:06 PM
Just now I went through your previous updates, Torso is looking beautifull and awesome:thumbsup:.
Very nice details.

andy6308AAA
03-30-2008, 03:34 AM
It's cool!! Hope could see your 3D model as soom as possible!

http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?f=234&t=604654

XP-58
03-31-2008, 06:56 PM
Argh, it's already April 1st and I do feel like I won't make it into deadline :eek: ... I'll try to work it out somehow though ... Huh? The deadline's changed to 12th? Since when? It's not April Fool's huh? Ah wait, it should still be 31st on their side anyway ... :D

Main wing + head + hair:
Hair ... I know it's looking quite sucky now but I'm thinking of adding strands and large normal portion in PS later on as a measure. Outer secondary feathers of the wing doesn't look that nice but trimming the opacity in PS should do the job ... maybe.

http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/4214/wip05ajs5.jpg

*I just made the wing 1 sided only

http://img241.imageshack.us/img241/9829/wip05bnj8.jpg

Face closeup, cute?

http://img378.imageshack.us/img378/1299/wip05cqa2.jpg

Hires left: canard, weapon, scratches and additional details ...

erik_j
03-31-2008, 07:40 PM
cool! :) and cute face, a bit boxy though.. perhaps have front of cheekbones a bit less wide and chin-mouth area go forward a bit more like > instead of ]...? for extra cuteness :3
guess you're gonna do less flat shape of the wings?
good luck!
(ps: my avatar is checking your character out)

Firerbert
03-31-2008, 07:51 PM
Nice man. Thank goodness for those extra five days huh?

MartinNielsen
03-31-2008, 09:18 PM
Nice model. :thumbsup: I agree with eric_j about the cheekbones though.

XP-58
04-01-2008, 04:31 AM
Thanks for the comments! You're right that I should bulge the wing more.

In any case can I have paintover or something like that for the cheekbone? Also about the > ] ? :D My lousy brain is not equipped with the instruction set capable of interpreting that high level language.

XP-58
04-04-2008, 08:19 PM
All feathers below. Will elongate the canard guard later on.

http://img241.imageshack.us/img241/6415/wip06qr6.jpg

Weapon (right side without shells) and the circuits. Anyway I'm dropping the booster and bay feature to save time :shrug:

http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/7081/wip07xw0.jpg http://img357.imageshack.us/img357/5996/wip08pw3.jpg

andy6308AAA
04-06-2008, 02:38 PM
Wow
That looks crazy good

http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?f=234&t=604654&page=4&pp=15

SPIDER2544
04-07-2008, 07:13 AM
your hard surface modeling is really nice. you going ot have to give me some tips on that one of these days haha.

i think you should spend a bit more time on your characters face, and anatomy, to really bring the whole thing togheter.
it feels like right now that the head and body arent quite as far along as the rest of the armor and stuff.

with a few sleepless nights i think you can pull this off befor the deadline keep it going dude.

Gyorkland
04-07-2008, 06:37 PM
Great progress but her cheeks and nose are making her look kind of old, maybe if you make the nose smaller and less cheeks also maybe bigger eyes she would look cuter that is I think your main goal but the rest is stunning,

5 days left

XP-58
04-10-2008, 10:08 PM
Lowpoly + preliminary normal & opacity :

http://img368.imageshack.us/img368/8997/wip09yz2.jpg

http://img212.imageshack.us/img212/6300/wip10dk5.jpg

That's 7701 tris you're looking at. Weapons are calculated at 1096, the rest 203 will go to the 2 pairs of hanging thing, the scarf thing, and effects. Leftover will be used to any parts in need of more tris.

I wish I could work on the face and the anatomy more, but with 55 hours left, I think my priority goes to putting in the colors :sad: ...

eMysfit
04-11-2008, 06:11 PM
:wip: Love it. Can't wait for the colors! Hope you can finish up in time! Good Luck!

erik_j
04-11-2008, 08:20 PM
yeah, man! no sleep for you :p bump for colours!

XP-58
04-13-2008, 01:36 AM
Argh .... I won't finish this in time :sad: Well, there's still 2.5 hours left but I know I'm not the Flash. I'll just take my time to finish it nicely since my current unfinished texture looks like some hodgepodge a chimpanzee slapped together. I suppose it'll appear at the game WIP forum if this thread has disappeared by then. Anyway thanks for watching until now!

eMysfit
04-16-2008, 05:43 PM
:cry: aw

Was really looking foward to your final. I'll be watching for you finishing it up still!

erik_j
04-17-2008, 07:37 AM
yeah, dude, you've got to finish this one! :) (and perhaps you'll have time to further tweak now to maximize sexiness :P)

CGTalk Moderation
04-17-2008, 07:37 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.