PDA

View Full Version : Torch Flame

Potemkyn
02-20-2008, 02:48 PM
I've been working on a torch flame using a sphere gizmo and a fire effect. Works pretty good, but it does look like a blow torch or candle rather than a fire. After searching around for help I found a tutorial on fire. Now I have fingers of flame that move up and dissapear. It uses a PA array (with textures) and Wind for movement. Looks great except for one thing.

It doesn't loop around well. :shrug:

On the fire effect, I used two sphere gizmos with two fire effects - their drift set to 100 and increased as the playhead progressed. The first was visible up until the last forty frames where it faded out and the second faded in. I reset the First Fire effect drift so it would lead right into frame 0 and fade the sphere back in while the second sphere faded back out. Worked decently and the visual is pretty good. The output is put into Flash where the torch sits and burns without end and no jumping.

How can one accomplish something like this using a PA Array?

And help is appreciated

Po~

PsychoSilence
02-20-2008, 03:53 PM
http://www.allanmckay.com/tut/pflow_fire.avi

cheers,
anselm

Potemkyn
02-25-2008, 06:20 PM
Great video tutorial. It's a bitmore complex than the pf array I'm using.

Any ideas on looping?

Mike

CGTalk Moderation
02-25-2008, 06:20 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.