PDA

View Full Version : Have particles delete randomly? Need Help!

shirak23
02-20-2008, 11:37 AM
I have some particles spewing outward and I want them to delete randomly in percentage amounts, i.e.

1)Age test to split amount (say 35%) that delete;
2)etc. etc.

Basically as the particles age, chunks disappear until they are all gone. For whatever reason I can't get the particles to disappear using split amount. My thinking was that it would split off some then maybe to a delete operator, than split some more off... you get the picture.

My flow is probably messed up so can anyone give me advice?

grury
02-20-2008, 01:07 PM
Age Test---> Split Test (with whatever percentage you want)---> Delete
And keep doing it till all particles are dead.

shirak23
02-20-2008, 06:59 PM
Hm... I was doing that, but it seemed like the delete operator didn't matter at all. The particles would just die out at a certain frame no matter what. I could have the split selected percentage to 75% or 50% and it did the same thing.

Let's say that it was working, would you put a following age test in the same event as the first or chain it after the delete operator that's linked to the split select operator? Or would you add another split select after the delete operator and repeat?

Thanks.

grury
02-21-2008, 12:19 PM
Put a lil test together:
www.grury.me.uk/split_test.rar

basicly PFlow 1 and 2 do exacly the same. On Flow 1 I added extra events to demonstarte the process happening with different colors. Flow 2 keeps looping and loosing 50% of the particles on every cycle.

Hope it makes sense.

CGTalk Moderation
02-21-2008, 12:19 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.