PDA

View Full Version : shaded mode + rotoscope doesn't work?

Mechis
02-20-2008, 05:34 AM
Hey everyone,

1)
I'm doing a shot that involves camera tracking (syntheyes). When I get everything into xsi, I can't get objects to display in shaded mode and display the rotoscope. If I have the display set to wireframe or bounding box, then the object and the rotoscope display. However, if I change to shaded, constant, textured, etc... the rotoscope does not display and I can just see the object (it looks like the rotoscope is behind the viewport.

2)
Also, do you know why the rotoscope doesn't fill up the entire viewport? Or at least as much as it can?

The attached pics show the problem. XSI v5.11 on win xp

Thanks!

~Mechis

Bullit
02-20-2008, 06:00 AM
I remember Syntheyes puts a mesh in camera FOV "range", if is that the case you do have to hide it.

Mechis
02-20-2008, 06:10 AM
Weird... you are completely right. I didn't notice it b/c it covered the entire camera view and the poly is right by the camera, so I never saw it when looking in perspective view.

It creates something called Camera01Screen... I deleted the poly and it didn't seem to harm anything, so I guess that problem's solved. Thank you very much!

Does anyone know the answer to my second question?

Thanks!
~Mechis

ThE_JacO
02-20-2008, 09:19 AM
Yes, the manual does :)
In case the manual left you to run away with another animator though: it doesn't fill the whole view because the default mode is meant to keep pixel size 1:1, if you activate the zoom mode (square lil lens at the top of the viewport) it will take the whole window.

Mechis
02-20-2008, 12:30 PM
got it. Thanks guys,
~Mechis

CGTalk Moderation
02-20-2008, 12:30 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.