PDA

View Full Version : DWIII - 2D - FrozZT - Shanto Man

FrozZT
02-19-2008, 09:27 PM
Im pumped up! Just need to finish some school work, then im good to go
I havent got much so far, only that i am thinking about either a warlord(easy way) and just do something brutaly powerful. Or a stalker, i think this will be more challenging to make it convincingly dominant.

Looking forward to bring the pixelpain!

Cant wait to see everyones stuff, good luck everyone and may the CGS dominate!

-Niklas

*UPDATE*

Name: Shanto Man
Class: Stalker
Race: Alienish - fantasy - humanoid. (maybe ill figure out a name for it, or probably :p)
Artifact element: Darkness/void (most likely, if not then it would probably be summoning or vegetation.)
Weapon: Spear or sword.

*race* will be changed for the name i will give his race.

His name is Shanto Man and he is an old master, very well respected and feared for a reason. The people, his kin, the *race* was from the beginning a peaceful race, but for the past 1000's of years they've become evolved for war. If not killed in battle a *race* could live to be very old, records of how old a *race* could become has been lost over the last millenias of war. At this time there is only a few elders older than Shanto Man, who as a soldier is expected to die at the average age of 32 years. Shanto Man is now as last heard, 346 years old, though rumors says hes older. His calm and patience can stress the meanest and most mindless of enemies they say. There is lots of reasons wy there was little discussion over who would go and get the job done. He may not be a creature of brute strength, but he will hit you where it hurts and you wont see it coming. Over the years his fysical eyesight has gotten worse, his other fysical senses stay sharp though. He has 10-20 nostrils mainly located around his trunk, but there is also some on his legs to pic up scent from the ground. There is some weakness that come with age, but with age comes wisdom, wisdom that has altered his knowlage and control of magic. With this magic his mind see the world in a new light, the sights of his mind is not limited anymore through the perspective of his eyes.

i will add to this and change it later.. I will give him further ability in stealth, and some more weak spots.

C&C i always welcome, positive as negative.

http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/7751/niklasfrostgardshantomaje3.jpg

http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/3279/niklasfrostgardshantomaip9.jpg

http://img365.imageshack.us/img365/8374/niklasfrostgardshantomaxz4.jpg

CGmonkey
02-19-2008, 10:01 PM
Aye matey, t'is good news indeed, seeing another soul fighting for a just cause - let us crush the skulls of our common foes! :)

Kul att se dig vara med -- kommer bevaka dig som en hök! ;)

FrozZT
02-21-2008, 01:01 AM
Hey!
Heres todays sketches.. Looks like its going to be a stalker! The head is the idea for my character so far. The body was just for warm up and practise, the rest is armor parts. I kinda like the legpads, but i dont think none of them fits my character.. My stalker will be a very old, experienced and hardened master, very calm.

C&C is welcome!

http://img78.imageshack.us/img78/7830/dwiiifrozztniklasfroztgcr5.jpg

Izuael
02-21-2008, 10:06 AM
Nice work so far, mate!
He truly looks like an old master, calm but deadly. Somehow when I saw him with the spear it reminded me a bit of african hunters.
http://www.diyplanner.com/files/Kenyan_hunters_web.jpg

Maybe it would be wise to get his body and anatomy down fully before you do his armor and equipment. So there won't be anything uncomplete on him that might give you problems later on.
That would probably help modellers as well if this was a job. :)

Just a thought. Keep it up! :buttrock:

FrozZT
02-21-2008, 09:16 PM
Heres another sketch.. I tried what you said Micke! It will probably change some.. I want to try and make him less human and still acceptable.

All comment are very welcome!

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/8717/dwiiifrozztniklasfrostgxu5.jpg

BluntPencil
02-21-2008, 09:41 PM
I really like the body you got going in the last sketch here. Looks alien, yet human. Nice work.
Not a fan of the trunk, I have to admit. Maybe try some other directions, or wrap it over the shoulder, Bib Fortuna-style?
http://alexplorer.net/guitar/text/guitar/Bib.jpg

John Ahlborg
02-21-2008, 10:27 PM
Nice work man.
I´ll post something myself soon.

FrozZT
02-21-2008, 10:58 PM
I had something in mind for the trunk.. It is inspired by asian statues of guards/warriors. They hold their spear and their beard is hanging over the wrist of the hand that holds the spear.. Couldnt find a picture of any though :/ Thanks for the input! :)

Izuael
02-22-2008, 08:54 AM
Nice work :) I like the bony protrusions here and there. He still looks fairly human though, maybe exaggerate something on his body even more?

Keep it up! :buttrock:

BluntPencil
02-22-2008, 09:26 AM
I had something in mind for the trunk.. It is inspired by asian statues of guards/warriors. They hold their spear and their beard is hanging over the wrist of the hand that holds the spear.. Couldnt find a picture of any though :/ Thanks for the input! :)

Ahhh, makes sense. I'll eagerly await your progress then. :)

FrozZT
02-22-2008, 01:18 PM
Thanks to everyone, Cgmonkey, Izuael, Bluntpencil and John for the support and critique! helps bost me up alot!

Izuael: Yea im doing some expreriments on it right now.. :)

Ill post some stuff later today..

-Niklas

FrozZT
02-22-2008, 06:12 PM
Another sketch.. I think i will be satisfied soon with the anatomy, then ill go on with his armor, gear, weapon and stuff. Though i would still like to hear C&C on this, its not final at all! :)

http://img172.imageshack.us/img172/4935/dwiiifrozztniklasfrostgwr6.jpg

Gune
02-23-2008, 07:33 AM
that´s a nice concept, i really love your first greyscale concepts... it looks like 3d! looking forward to see more!

FrozZT
02-23-2008, 07:13 PM
Gune: Thanks for the boost! :)

An update on my character so far:

Name: Shanto Man
Class: Stalker
Race: Alienish - fantasy - humanoid. (maybe ill figure out a name for it, or probably :p)
Artifact element: Darkness/void (most likely, if not then it would probably be summoning or vegetation.)
Weapon: Spear or sword.

*race* will be changed for the name i will give his race.

His name is Shanto Man and he is an old master, very well respected and feared for a reason. The people, his kin, the *race* was from the beginning a peaceful race, but for the past 1000's of years they've become evolved for war. If not killed in battle a *race* could live to be very old, records of how old a *race* could become has been lost over the last millenias of war. At this time there is only a few elders older than Shanto Man, who as a soldier is expected to die at the average age of 32 years. Shanto Man is now as last heard, 346 years old, though rumors says hes older. His calm and patience can stress the meanest and most mindless of enemies they say. There is lots of reasons wy there was little discussion over who would go and get the job done. He may not be a creature of brute strength, but he will hit you where it hurts and you wont see it coming. Over the years his fysical eyesight has gotten worse, his other fysical senses stay sharp though. He has 10-20 nostrils mainly located around his trunk, but there is also some on his legs to pic up scent from the ground. There is some weakness that come with age, but with age comes wisdom, wisdom that has altered his knowlage and control of magic. With this magic his mind see the world in a new light, the sights of his mind is not limited anymore through the perspective of his eyes.

i will add to this and change it later.. I will give him further ability in stealth, and some more weak spots.

C&C i always welcome, positive as negative.

Izuael
02-23-2008, 07:38 PM
Nice with a story to back him up. :)
Looking forward to see him in his gear, might instil even more respect.
Maybe make his weapon more badass too. :drool: Right now it feels a bit plain.

Keep those sketches coming! :buttrock:

FrozZT
02-24-2008, 11:32 AM
Thanks Micke! :)

Yea, i've pretty much left the weapon until now.. Im gonna start working on it along with his clothing/armor next. Hopefully ill have something to post later today!

-Niklas

madshooter
02-24-2008, 12:14 PM
Very nice concept Dude, To me he looks more like an Invoker, but at the same time I like your concept of an old Stalker. All the best:thumbsup:

FrozZT
02-24-2008, 09:26 PM
madshooter: Thanks alot.. :)

Here is another sketch, im experimenting with clothes and armor. At first i thought that i wouldnt leave any vital areas unarmored.. But when i thought about it, it gave me the feeling more of a knight than a stalker. So im trying out a more agile and sneaky approach. No further work on the weapon for now. i think ill keep working on the clothes then ill take on the artifact/weapon. Id love some critique on this! :)

-Niklas

http://img174.imageshack.us/img174/5827/dwiiifrozztniklasfrostggy7.jpg

nicklasholmgren
02-25-2008, 03:13 PM
Hellö! :)

Very nice sketches so far FrozZT! I really like the design of the character especially head and feet, will be interesting to see the details come up - but so far it feels very original!!

-Nicklas

FrozZT
02-26-2008, 02:05 AM
Hey Nicklas! Thanks man.. Glad you like him :).

Nothing new for today though, school got in the way. I feel pumped to start painting again when i get some time.

Later..

-Niklas

FrozZT
02-26-2008, 05:43 PM
Hellö!
Today i have done some weapondesigns! There is also some more work done on Shanto's cloathing and gear. Tell me what you think.. Which one do you like? Wy? What is good and what is bad? Very thankful for any input! :)

-Niklas

http://img174.imageshack.us/img174/4355/dwiiifrozztniklasfrostgbq0.jpg

nicklasholmgren
02-26-2008, 05:59 PM
Nice ones! I'd go with # 2 or 3 because their silhouettes seem to blend in best with Shanto, to my taste anyway. If you go with # 3 maybe shrink the spearhead down a little though.

FrozZT
02-27-2008, 03:18 PM
Thanks for your thoughts Nicklas! :)

I mixed some of them up and came up with some more.. Not satisfied with the designs as a whole, but i think im in the right direction with the shape of those blades. C&C most welcome!

-Niklas

http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/9652/dwiiifrozztniklasfrostguc9.jpg

Gyorkland
02-27-2008, 05:18 PM
great character, make him use two spears

DefiledVisions
02-27-2008, 06:02 PM
Looking really good FrozZT! I like the character concept, with him being a stalker, it might be more suitable using a ranged weapon? or smaller weapons like daggers. Anyhow, I like the spears alot.
I think 5 or 6 are better, cause they seem more massive and "1 hit kill", where the others are more wounding and disabling. I don't know how you prefer him to kill stuff, but I think it's great so far.

jobba på! ;)

Izuael
02-27-2008, 06:37 PM
I say 9 on this latest batch.
But if he's a stalker, sneaking around unseen, isn't a big, long spear a bit misplaced for him?
Maybe peek at what ninjas used and do something around that? :drool:
Or maybe he could split the spear in two somehow, giving him two just as deadly weapons but sacrificing the reach a little.

FrozZT
02-27-2008, 11:36 PM
Gyorkland: Thanks! Hehe i think 2 spears will be kinda massive for a stalker :p

DefiledVisions: Hellö! Thank you.. Glad you liked him! :) True that the spear might not be the ultimate sneaky weapon, though i just cant see him with anything else.. I had this idea that the spear could contain a soul of a bird and able to shapeshift into the bird, i wonder if thats against the rules..? He could throw the spear through his enemy and then it could come flying back to him.

Izuael: Hej hopp! Im giving it another atempt to do THE spear.. Yea its a bit big but its just so him too.. Ill think about it though. Thanks alot! :)

GearType2
02-28-2008, 01:09 AM
I really like your designs and the character idea in general. Looking through them I keep thinking about african spear hunters laying below the tall grasses waiting to leap out for the kill. Currently I think #5 and #8 of your most recent spears have the most potential. Something about the shape of the blade says "hey I don't *have* to throw this to kill you", which seems like a nice attitude for a weapon to have. I love the ornate details, I'm really a sucker for them when I see them. #6, #7, and #9 just don't seem as dangerous compared to the others, and that's the only reason I wouldn't choose them. As for armor, I have to agree with you, I don't see this character loaded up like a tank. It should be interesting to see what ideas you have for him as this develops.

FrozZT
02-28-2008, 02:40 PM
GearType2: Hey man, thanks alot for the input. Im thinking pretty much like that about the blades too.. I just want to come up with something that fits his character 100%, is slightly low profile, that looks really awesome and looks like it could kill something in a swing. A bit hard to balance all that. The slightly bigger blades look more dangerous but the smaller ones look more agile and fitting to him. Im working on a new design now, ill try it out with different bladeshapes. Thanks again, its appriciated! :)

-Niklas

FrozZT
02-28-2008, 06:05 PM
Here is the latest designs for his weapon. Its element is vegetation, i hope that i made that clear enough. Im thinking about making them longer.. The only differende is pretty much the tiny detail on the blades, i took the bigger one from before and made it slightly smaller so it would fit Shanto Man's character but still look deadly. C&C is very welcome! :)

-Niklas

http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/1063/dwiiifrozztniklasfrostgzn6.jpg

Izuael
02-28-2008, 08:43 PM
Very nicely rendered spears. They certainly look deadly... against organic beings. :twisted:
Against these metallic beings, not sure, maybe it's so sharp so it can cut even metal but feels like he would wear it out pretty fast still.
If you used the element air/lightning you could 'shortcircuit' them. :buttrock: (the roots covering the spear could be lightning too :D ) And the air element could be for returning the spear in some way if he throws it.

Downside might be if the spear emits sparks, hard to sneak around with that. :banghead:

Anyway, just some thoughts. Maybe you got it figured out already how to make use of the element vegetation.

DefiledVisions
02-28-2008, 08:55 PM
Looking better and better FrozZT! keep those weapons coming! ;)

Xarxys
02-28-2008, 09:30 PM
I realy like the style of the weapons elegant but deadly

FrozZT
02-29-2008, 12:18 AM
Izuael: Thanks! Yea i have tought of that, i wanted it to be deadly on its own without magic to organic creatures and also harmful to robots, but i'll take use of the element to bring the bots down ;)... I thought that plants and stuff are very powerful and can burst through pretty much anything while growing. Ill try to think of something... :)

DefiledVisions: Thanks dude! Getting there.. ;)

Xarxys: Thanks alot! :)

Ill be away for the weekend so no new stuff for some days.. Meanwhile im thankful for any input on what ive got so far! Later...

-Niklas

marsyas
02-29-2008, 12:57 AM
Really beautiful and elegant weapon designs!

Coming along very nicely. :)

hakanpersson
03-03-2008, 11:53 PM
Elegant is a good word for this. I like it that your are trying to create a concept that doesnt feel like it has been done a thousand times before. Personally I know how easy its to fall into mainstream just to make your life easier:)

11th version of the weapon is best. Althought I might add that there is a certain charm in the early editions too, like no 5, looks great when the blade is a bit rough in the edges, and the shape is also a little bit more elaborate.

The character is very good too. But I really dont understand his feets. I can see that the concept isnt full developed there, but as of now Im dont like the impression that he stands on his toes (at least thats what it looks like).
And finally, it looks as if his clothing is gonna fall of any second!

cheers, hope you find the crits useful:) and thanks for visiting my thread too!

FrozZT
03-04-2008, 04:43 PM
Hellö im back from my weekend in my hometown, ready to get at it again!

marsyas: Thanks man! :)

hakanpersson: Hey.. Yea i like 11 aswell, but i will work more on the design, and then for the finall it will be much more worn and older looking. I have had some other complaints too about the feet and i do agree.. I will work some more on them ;). Thank for the input man! much appriciated! :)

Ill try to post some new stuff tonight.. Im going to try out some tattoos for him. :)

-Niklas

Izuael
03-04-2008, 08:59 PM
NOOOoo, don't give him tattoos. So many already use that.
Maybe he can use scarification instead? Or maybe he can naturally camouflage himself, like chameleons or squids. In color and shape to some extent (like the elven cape Frodo have in Lord of the Rings).
Just some thoughts. :)

Anyway, looking forward for an update. :buttrock:

FrozZT
03-04-2008, 11:12 PM
Izuael: Haha, yea i guess so, but this guy fits so well with tattoo's.. :p Im gonna try it out anyway! Thanks for the input.. :)

Here is a closeup of his face.. Im trying out some tattoo, inspired mostly by thai, buddhist, monk tattoo's. Its not done yet... But all C&C is still very welcome! :)

-Niklas

http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/8558/dwiiifrozztniklasfrostgmf3.jpg

MikeHill
03-05-2008, 09:13 AM
that is cool! the heiroglyphics on his mouth piece rock and the eyes have already g0t loads of character and depth!!

looking sweet!

Loukor
03-06-2008, 01:21 AM
Great style you have there and the spears are looking awesome. Looking forward to more, cheers!

caiserxose
03-06-2008, 12:59 PM
eih! Nice concept and stylus of your skechts. good luck!!

FrozZT
03-06-2008, 03:51 PM
Thanks alot for the encouragement! It means alot.. :) If anyone's got any crits dont hesitate! Got some crits on his face from my girlfriend so im doing some more work on it, shes got a good eye. :)

Ive been working on some stuff here and there.. Now ive started doing the different views(modelling sheet), all together this comp is very much work, though its lots of fun too.

Im planing on using vegetation/nature for my spear. Since i need summoning element for the spear to be a shapeshifter im skipping the idea of it being able to transform into a bird. Though i think i will keep the bird separate as a companion. Shanto Man will be able to see through the eyes of his bird.

Later..

-Niklas

erik_j
03-07-2008, 08:07 PM
beautiful blade designs on the spears!
the feet look a bit strained and labored.. maybe make them look more relaxed and dynamic?
I really like the simplicity of the weapon but yeah maybe it's hard to fight armies and huge machines with it and martial arts alone :/
perhaps more of the blade? would do your blade design strenghts more justice maybe :)
longer or bigger or something?
if you give him longer legs he can have a longer spear... might enhance his profile.
he looks a bit naked with clothing (duh! :P ..no in concept strength aspect)..
lycka till! :)

Soggyclog
03-07-2008, 08:14 PM
Love your style sir. Those spears are perfect.

FrozZT
03-08-2008, 07:57 PM
erik_j: Thanks for the crits! Much appriciated.. :) Its a bit tricky to balance the weapondesign to his character and still make it look like it could do some major damage, i think its good enough to slice up meat + some more.. About the robots i was thinking he would use the powerful magic held inside the spear. I guess ill have to show off some powers in my final illustration. I will probably make the weapon as a whole longer.
Im still working on the feet and hands, i hope ill figure it out..

"(duh! :P ..no in concept strength aspect).." I dont quite understand that hehe? :P

Soggyclog: Thanks, glad you like them! :)

Heres the modelling sheet that ive started working on.. Lots of work left on it, but i thought it would be stupid to post it and ask for crits when its done rather then now.

-Niklas

http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/773/dwiiifrozztniklasfrostguz2.jpg

Izuael
03-08-2008, 11:05 PM
Cool!
Looks like you've nailed all the directions pretty well. Good work.
It kind of looks like he got an exoskeleton with all the protrusions and ribs etc. Nice. :)
When I look at his feet it still looks like it's awkward for him standing like that though. :hmm:

Good to get this task out of the way, after this it's the more fun ones to do. Wohoo! :buttrock:

BloodTaster
03-08-2008, 11:44 PM
nice start on the model sheet! I'll be watching your progress:thumbsup:

Airflow
03-09-2008, 05:56 PM
I like the toes and the endoskeleton. I think his ankles could be bigger, just to make him more stable or his toes stretch wider, right now he has as much stability as someone in heels.
Great stuff btw.

DefiledVisions
03-10-2008, 12:14 PM
Wooh! looking really cool dude! nice progress, even though I have to agree with most here about the feet.. But I don't doubt in your ability one second :) My fav is the tattoo pic, really awesome. I hope you'll keep them..

as for myself I've been taking a huge break, and I've made up a new concept.. but havn't started yet. Might get working on it soon :)

ha det bra! // DefiledV.

FrozZT
03-11-2008, 06:04 PM
Izuael: Yea im trying to finish it so i can get to painting for real.. Gonna be sweet :)! Thanks m8!

Bloodtaster: Thanks.. :)

Airflow: Thanks dude.. I get what you mean about bigger ankles, but i just dont want him too get clumpsy looking.. I want him light and agile. I see that there is a problem right now, but i think it will work out when putting him in another pose. We'll see..

DefiledVisions: Thanks man.. looking forward to see your new concept, get at it! :)

-Niklas

FrozZT
03-13-2008, 02:57 AM
Hellö! :)
Here's another update.. Did some more work on the spear, made it longer, and redid the engravings + some more details. Still working on the front, side and back view.. I need to redesign his shoulderpads, his hands, toes(maybe the feet, but even though everyone finds them awkward i like em :p). There is lots of more stuff other than that.. sigh...

I would love to hear some thoughts on this, then im gonna get it out of the way and start painting on the winning pose!

-Niklas

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/385/dwiiifrozztniklasfrostgdx7.jpg

rawwad
03-13-2008, 04:58 PM
Nice concept man :thumbsup: Love idea of alien character, I think it´s more close to story than other guys concepts. Good luck!

FrozZT
03-16-2008, 06:03 AM
rawwad: Thanks man! :)

Here is what ive got so far for my modellingsheet. I did his hands, some more gear, not sure about his shoulderpad, but i need something to break of the symetric feel about his gear.. Ive still got some work to do on the figures and stuff, also the presentation isnt final at all.
C&C is most welcome!

http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/6958/dwiiifrozztniklasfrostgla2.jpg

Izuael
03-16-2008, 08:07 PM
Nice updates, man. I Haven't been here for awhile... damn school.
I really dig the hands, bony and everything. Make sure to do the feet in the same way.

Keep it up! :buttrock:

mime1
03-17-2008, 11:12 AM
Very good face -dont know why but brings me to mind some starwas characters feeling -and this is a compliment of course. Not sure about that something hanging between its legs -I think you should try get rid of it.

Hideyoshi
03-17-2008, 11:39 PM
Sweet, hadn't seen this before! Great work here, very original design, I like the head design!
I'd maybe consider giving him crazier proportions, right now he looks rather human, what do you think? :)

Perin
03-18-2008, 01:08 AM
God dag there, Sverige!
Very really nice concepts and sketches! The blade profile is so fluid and elegant, good indeed!
And with the legs/toes situation, think I've something useful to say: Try to make them look more relaxed, like flexing the knees. The way they are now, his pose as a whole looks very artificial, specially if you whant him to be a sneaky guy it would be nice too see that he's very relaxed. You see?

Nice. Now, if you would, look at my entry and send me as many crits as you can!!:)

FrozZT
03-18-2008, 07:17 PM
Izuael: Thanks m8!

mine1: Hey, thanks! :) Some specific reason you dont like his "that something" :p?

Hideyoshi: Thanks man, glad you like him! :) I know ive been rather careful in going too far away with the design, i just dont want him to become too much of a creature. Maybe i will go for a little bit more crazy design next time, i feel that i lack the time to do any major changes right now.. I feel good about how he turned out anyway.. :)

Perin: Hej! Thanks! :) Sure the pose is very artificial, its just for the modellingsheet, i'll try to make him look more relaxed in my final painting.. ;)

I've started my FINAL painting or winning pose if you'd like.. Im going to have a full scene with Shanto Man in action, not actually fighting but somewhere in between, sneaking around. I want the environment to tell much about him and his powers and personality. I'll try to post a rough later tonight..

-Niklas

FrozZT
03-19-2008, 01:57 AM
Here is a rough start on what i have in mind for my final paint/winning pose.. Some stuff i'm planing on doing: The trees above him will look down talking to him, pointing out to him where the enemy is. His hand is touching the tree and the treesurface begins to travel up his arm(camoflage). I want his spear to almost touch the ground, the ground near it starts growing grass and flowers, a butterfly sits on one flower and the blade is covered in blood(thought it might make a nice contrast). Also some of his fallen enemies in there, like the robot to the left, thinking of having one close up in the foreground.

So far ive just worked mostly on the compo and his pose.. I think the compo needs alot of work. C&C is most welcome!

-Niklas

http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/4699/dwiiifrozztniklasfrostgah5.jpg

erik_j
03-19-2008, 12:03 PM
wow cool! :)
I think maybe he's a bit big in the comp.. makes him seem less hidden/sneaky?
then I guess you're going to toss a shadow from tree or so over parts of him? would look sneaky :) I'd start working out shadow play early since it may slow you down if you worry about all your fine details when you do it (usually happens to me OTL).
also I'd widen the canvas some bit.. seems a bit narrow.. would like to see some more to the right particularly :) good luck!

FrozZT
03-27-2008, 02:43 AM
erik_j: Thanks for your thoughts.. :) Yup theres going to be some shadow over him.. Its kind of tricky to make a stalker "eyecatching"(stated as one of the main criterias for the judging), sneaky but still the where all the attention lie. Im trying to balance it, i think ill pull it of... Tackar!

I've been busy with some other work lately, plus my internet's been down.. But i do intend to finish this! Right now im working on my final piece. Keep it up everyone! :)

-Niklas

jingudyi
03-27-2008, 08:08 AM
cool mask design~ i like it..

if he has more intriguing pose, then it would show his character better i think~

good work~

FrozZT
04-07-2008, 04:46 PM
jingudyi: Thanks man, though its not a mask :p..

Here's my last update before the final version.. Ive got quite a lot of work to do on it for sure, also on my other sheets so its gonna be stressful to finish this one, though i think ill make it. I would love to hear any thoughts on this! :)

-Niklas

http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/4038/dwiiifrozztniklasfrostgqh4.jpg

hakanpersson
04-07-2008, 04:57 PM
Nice work. Long time since I last checked, he sure looks cooler in that action pose:thumbsup: The image seems finished to me except his hands/forearms and the debris in front of him.

But it would be nice if you could attach him more to the world, perhaps clearer shadows, and maybe see one of his shoes on the ground (like his right one). It would also be cool if you could tighten his left hand grip on the tree. It could surely make the image more intense.

FrozZT
04-12-2008, 10:27 PM
Håkan: Thanks alot m8 :), hope its better now!

Thanks everyone for the support and feedback, it means alot! I hope i was helpful for some of you too.. :)

Here´s what i've submitted for my entry! Tadaaa!

http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/7751/niklasfrostgardshantomaje3.jpg

http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/3279/niklasfrostgardshantomaip9.jpg
http://img365.imageshack.us/img365/8374/niklasfrostgardshantomaxz4.jpg

Izuael
04-12-2008, 10:45 PM
Really good stuff mate! :buttrock:
Be proud. Will be exciting to see how it goes!

rawwad
04-12-2008, 10:54 PM
Great end man! Whoa, the winnig pose looks fantastic, love the style and realistic lightnig so much, very cool. Also the character looks much better in colors, congratz and good luck!:)

BloodTaster
04-12-2008, 11:41 PM
great job! I really like your character, congrats and good luck!

The Flork
04-13-2008, 08:47 AM
oh man! haha his legs are spread and his junks hangin out! haha hes the last thing i wanna be stalked buy lmao! very nice exacution! the lighting is perfect!

Perin
04-13-2008, 09:36 PM
Good work Frozzt! The tiny plants growing next to the blade are awesome! Congratulations!

DefiledVisions
04-16-2008, 08:28 PM
Skitgrymmt! riktigt coolt :)

Glad to see the finished version, excellent render!

I didn't have time to even get seriously started with my second concept.. But I'll finnish it one day, hehe. When I do I'll notify you!

// DV

FrozZT
05-07-2008, 04:08 PM
Izuael: Thanks m8! :) I appriciate the support.. You know i liked your entry! ;)

rawwad:Thanks man.. Im glad that you liked it! Too bad you didnt proceed to the final 50, i thought it was well worth it, a comfort is that some other very nice entrys didnt make it as well.. :/

BloodTaster: Thanks!

The Flork: Thank you! Glad you like the final.. :)

Perin: Thanks Perin!

DefiledVisions: Tackar :), To bad you didnt have the time, maybe some other time.. I hope to see some more stuff from you some day!

Thanks again for everyones support.. :) I just found out that i didnt make it to the final 50, i guess i am bit dissapointed concidering all the work that i put into my character. :( I noticed that some of my favorite entrys didnt make it either, i found it weird and at the same time its quite comforting since i didnt make it myself. So now im quite curious about who took those places.. Anyways, Congrats to everyone who made it into the top 50! :)

Later!

-Niklas

CGTalk Moderation
05-07-2008, 04:08 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.