PDA

View Full Version : CS3's new View Modes are maddening...

rgdigital
02-19-2008, 05:33 PM
Forgive my slight rant about this as it seems this "new feature" is a huge step backwards IMO. I love to work with the screen gray, while being able to move my doc wherever. In CS2, I hit F once, and 2 more times to get back to the regular view. Now in CS3, to get to that mode it's an extra hit of the F key. No real big deal. The bad part is if I have a doc in that gray-screen mode and open another document, it automatically thinks I want it in that mode. This is extremely frustrating if I want that doc open just to get a layer or logo to drop into the doc already open. This entails hitting F 2 more times, dragging the needed layers and then getting the original doc back into that mode.

Like I said, please forgive my rant as this new feature is adding way too many steps to what used to be a simple process.

Is there any way to turn this off or a workaround?

rgdigital
02-19-2008, 10:42 PM
UUhh, anyone? Am I the only one that is torqued about this? Any workarounds?

frog
02-20-2008, 07:27 AM
I don't like the new view mode much either, it would be good if you could customise it to just include the screen modes you actually want to use.

You can however go backwards through the sequence by hitting Shift + F, which saves time between some modes, alternatively you can select the mode you want directly from the toolbar (at the bottom).

jerr3d
02-23-2008, 09:39 PM
im never in the view mode i want to be

i am forever hitting the f key

i guess it was meant to be a time saver

but i wonder who is using it and how to save time

my pointer finger has gained great strength since this new feature was intro'ed

(but my compliments to who ever made it so you can slide an image totally
off the screen or just to a corner - that is a really cool feature ^ ^)

CGTalk Moderation
02-23-2008, 09:39 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.