PDA

View Full Version : Razorhead Row

sectora
02-19-2008, 04:46 PM
http://assets.cgsociety.org/nvart/1203439570/680bound
(http://assets.cgsociety.org/nvart/1203439570/1024bound)A series of building structures with very wide vista viewports and huge airconditioning blocks that process the heavily poluted air. Global warming finally caught up with us and keeps us inside for most of the season. During that time UD broadband VR connections enable people to stay in touch with each other.

skAt3f0r71f3
02-19-2008, 05:18 PM
ummmmmm.....yea.
how did you go from your other work to this?
your other work is simply amazing and this.........WHAT HAPPENED?

sectora
02-19-2008, 05:30 PM
Hi ghyshs,

I'm sorry this one is not to your liking... I wanted to do a completely different one for this image. Pure photoshop, no 3D and no photos... just some custom brushes and see where it took me.

sandu22
02-21-2008, 03:10 PM
Nice work, keep going...
just small critics:LIGHT & BRUSHES
I think you can use more light on your works, for sure that will help you a lot, the shapes are great, -use that as brushes, too-. Regarding the brushes, I guess you may find your way, other than the present trends (for example Levy's style, which is the guru on that).
[...copy/paste is like salt in the food, keep it just to have the best taste :thumbsup: ]
Good luck, I hope you'll be one of the winners.

sectora
02-21-2008, 03:26 PM
hanks very much Sandu!
These are comments I can use to improve!

spleek
02-29-2008, 07:53 AM
I personally like the lighting - you chose a very unique and contrasty color palette which draws me in. I dont necessarily need or want to see all the details - the mood and feeling are far more telling, and the darkness is part of the 'story,' so it feels appropriate. Reminiscent of Syd Mead's work. Definitely thumbs up!

sectora
02-29-2008, 08:23 AM
Hi Spleek,

Thanks very much for your compliments! Although I will never even be worthy to brush dirt out of Syd Mead's shadows I sincerely appreciate your compliments.

I have been a great admirer of Syd Mead's work ever since I was a teenager in the seventies and for me he is one of the greatest inspirational sources I enjoy seeing work from.

Sidler
03-04-2008, 01:50 PM
i love your bulding and the colours you merged.

cool!!

CGTalk Moderation
03-04-2008, 01:50 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.