PDA

View Full Version : warranty on dell inpirion8100 i'm gonna buy?

roguenroll
04-17-2002, 10:20 AM
I think I will buy a dell inspirion 8100 laptop?

just wondering, (you guys with laptops) what is the warranty
essentials on a laptop.

This is my first one.

I've gotten a few suggestions to definitely get a warranty, but
2 suggestions doesn't add up to a definite decision on my part.

the dell has 1, 2, 3 and 4 yrs, plus for about 450$ or so, it has a 4yr with a fix anything clause!!! (but its alotta $$$$$$)

Rogue

johnny_riptide
04-17-2002, 07:33 PM
I took the 3yr complete care. Unlike a desktop, it's a mobile device - you'll probably be carrying it around quite a bit exposing it to all sorts of potential disasters unknown to its desktop counterpart.

Filling my head were visions such as tipping a drink over on it, or of my notebook flying through the air after someone trips over power cord that would be plugged in on occasion, me putting it in my backpack and then wrecking my bicycle....on and on.

With a desktop no way, but with a notebook it's insurance that will pay for itself easy in peace of mind alone.......Just don't hit it with a hammer!!!

Here's Dell's info on their Complete Care Warranty:

roguenroll
04-18-2002, 08:53 AM
cool thx for the reply, I think I will probably order my laptop
by the weekend. 3yr warr looks good.

Rogue

[msf]
04-19-2002, 10:12 PM
I believe I have the 3 year complete care warranty as well and it rules dude. I have had some parts fail and I just call dell tell em and poop a new part arrives two days later in the mail. You cant beat that. Make sure you get a lappy with one of those shiney new geforce4go's! When I get my next laptop I am making sure I have the best gpu in it, just helps it last even longer than it would. My ati rage mobility with 8mb just sux anymore :)

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 04:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.