PDA

View Full Version : New Plankton Invasion episode online!

THUR
02-19-2008, 12:17 PM
Hi everyone,

For those interested, I just finished a Plankton Invasion episode and we released it today.

You can watch it at www.planktoninvasion.com (http://www.planktoninvasion.com/) This is the first edition of a ten month Plankton Invasion season, producing one episode each month. It is still a non-funded Tinkertree production, so even though it starts to draw attention it is still a semi-after hours project. Hope you like it.

Grts,

Joeri

Ulven
02-19-2008, 01:03 PM
Yay. Love the "inevitable doom ballet" timing of the flying match.
Classy animation.

Tama
02-19-2008, 02:45 PM
Quite entertaining and most excellent!:)

Are you using the prerelease/beta/for bigshots only version of messiah?

Thank you!:thumbsup:

liquidik
02-19-2008, 02:58 PM
really good man! show us some messiah work. it'll be really cool!

My Fault
02-19-2008, 04:28 PM
This is just more brilliance. The setups are so well timed, the music, the animation..... I count the days until the next episode.

liquidik
02-19-2008, 08:59 PM
How did you do the bird setup ? It seems quite well done :D

Gian

THUR
02-20-2008, 07:55 AM
Glad you guys like it.

As for the seagull, it is a really simple setup. ( I like to animate with simple setups, the less controls the better. ) Starting with the model on day one and finished it on day five explains it all.
Zbrush color and displacementmaps are really helping to fool the eye on the look as for messiah: Reducing feather controls to animate by simply grouping them, if yu look closely you'll see the feathers moving in groups. Again .. fool the eye, eh :)
Animate one loop of 20 frames, cycling it on the motion of a Null object. Thanks to the help from Vegard, who quicly wrote the keyfaderBranch I could blend the mainbones from the wings in and out without fading the small feathers .. simulating wind in the wings during flight perfectly. Thanks again Vegard!
Did some other tricks in Lightwave as well to get the flying feeling really into it.
Hope this helps a bit,
Joeri

THUR
02-21-2008, 03:49 PM
really good man! show us some messiah work. it'll be really cool!

Placed a little movie on my blog (http://www.thurist.com)
Hope you like it.
Grts,
Joeri

CGTalk Moderation
02-21-2008, 03:49 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.