PDA

View Full Version : Eat 3D announces Old Destroyed Pillar Training DVD!

RikiB
02-19-2008, 01:49 AM
May I introduce to you an exciting new training video brought to you by Eat 3D (www.eat3d.com (http://eat3d.com)). This video is one of a kind and focuses on demonstrating a next-gen process of creating a high quality damaged pillar using 3dsmax, Mudbox, Photoshop, and Unreal Editor 3. The DVD has been critically acclaimed by many professionals in the game industry, and also outsourcing studios.

To watch a sample of the DVD please visit this link:

http://eat3d.com/training/pillar/samples/dvd/pillar_sampledvd.html

http://eat3d.com/training/pillar/gallery/album/large/pillar_preview_03.jpg

The instructor is a sr. environment artist at Sony Online Entertainment and has been involved in making next gen games inside Unreal Editor 3 for over 3 years now. He has worked on titles such as Midways Stranglehold and Blacksite Area 51, and is currently working on an exciting unannounced next gen MMO at SOE.

Sincerely,

Eat 3D

KOKE
02-19-2008, 07:48 PM
I just bought the downloadable version of the tutorial, it looks quite promising :).
Since I work on the film industry it will be very intersting to see what techniques our gaming friends use.

JK

:D

RikiB
02-19-2008, 08:26 PM
Thanks for your support!
I would love to hear any feedback when you watch the video no matter how small it might be. :)

Eat 3D

KOKE
02-19-2008, 09:11 PM
Thanks for your support!
I would love to hear any feedback when you watch the video no matter how small it might be. :)

Eat 3D

Sure! I will let you know my thoughts on it,:thumbsup: but I probably wont have enough time to watch it untill the weekend...

JK.

ppself
03-05-2008, 08:06 PM
Wow, I'm really liking this video. As a animator I don't get to play much with zbrush or mudbox but watching this helps me in alot of ways with my modeling.

hordePrime
03-05-2008, 08:57 PM
Hands down, this is one of the best nextgen workflow dvds I have ever seen, and is comparable in quality to even the best Gnomon instructionals. Not only is this video invaluable for beginners, but it's also got something for working professionals and veterans alike.

I'm anxiously awaiting the next dvd installment from Eat3d.

KOKE
03-05-2008, 09:58 PM
I got to watch the DVD during this last weekend and I must say I really liked it.
I was always curious to see in depth the process of normal mapping for game props, and I was not let down by this DVD.

I purchased the downloadable version and found it very reasonably priced for the quality of the material, so nice work there :).

I also enjoyed very much all the texturing process as it was long and well explained. I got some nice tips from there.

Overall really nice material and very recomendable for anyone wishing to better understand how the whole process of creating high end game asets works.

Kudos for you guys, and waiting for more of this nice material. :thumbsup:

cya.

JK

RikiB
03-05-2008, 11:09 PM
Thanks for the amazingly positive comments guys! I am overwhelmed by all of the great feedback I have been getting, it has been inspiring me to keep going and possibly do more DVDs!

Riki

j83
04-20-2008, 05:23 AM
Just bought these myself, and they are excellent!

The ideas are covered very well, lots of extra bits of information, advanced techniques, etc. Thanks again!

CGTalk Moderation
04-20-2008, 05:23 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.