PDA

View Full Version : shake 4

CodeNothing
02-18-2008, 11:45 PM
If i Buy shake, is there any reason at all to buy final cut express 4? Im just getting into compositing, and im deffinitely gona use shake. im just wondering that final cut express (pro is too expensive) has that shake does not.

....if anything.

Thanks!

bbuxton
02-18-2008, 11:58 PM
I don't think shake makes a very good editor (like comparing photoshop & illustrator) You probably will need both. I'm not sure if Final Cut Express supports Conduit but if it does it would give a reasonable compromise to shake in an editing environment. Could work out a bit cheaper too. http://www.dvgarage.com/pgroup/pgroup.php?pgroup=comp Conduit live also works as a standalone and with photoshop, motion & after effects

BB

scrimski
02-19-2008, 12:02 AM
Comparing apples with oranges.
Shake is a compositing software, FCE is an editing software.

im just wondering that final cut express (pro is too expensive) has that shake does not.
An audio mixer, a capture tool, a master to tape function, the ability of realtime playback for multiple video and audio tracks and a few other quite normal NLE features you don't need in a compositing program.

CodeNothing
02-19-2008, 10:34 PM
Thanks for the feedback! Looks like im getting both. :surprised

Ill go brake the bad news to my wallet.

CGTalk Moderation
02-19-2008, 10:34 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.