PDA

View Full Version : Golden surface explosion/splinter

Umix
02-18-2008, 02:25 PM
Hey guys,

I'm gonna start my bachelor thesis and have to this some questions.

My Bachelor thesis will be a 3d trailer for the Taekwondo world championship in the discipline “Poomsae”(traditional forms/patterns).

The story

A human-shaped golden cup of the last Taekwondo world championship comes to life when the judge in the off-speech gives the korean start-commando “Sijak” (engl.: start) which is simultaneously the working title of the trailer.
The golden surface splinters and the Taekwondo fighter, the multiple titleholder, gets uncovered. He starts to perform the patterns called “Poomsae”.
Doing the last kick of the form he gets frozen to gold from feet to head.
Finally this pose builds the new logo for the world cup.

Ok, so the cup is at the same time the fighter. The fighter comes to life after hearing this commando. The cup surface splinters and the fighter gets revealed.

Now I want to collect some advices and suggestions before i start.
How would you do the splinter of the golden cup surface.

I thought about using the Blastcode plug-in...but not yet did something with it.
Is there a better way to let the surface splinter and let the particles vanish.

I thought about duplicating the fighter mesh. One has a golden surface and the other one real human textures. The golden version is slightly bigger than the mesh of the fighter so you cannot see the fighter. He should be inside the cup.
Then the surface should splinter and we should see the fighter starting to move and do the action.

Comments and Advices are welcome!

CGTalk Moderation
02-18-2008, 02:25 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.