PDA

View Full Version : Underground Briefing Room

popnGEAR
04-17-2002, 09:38 AM
Here's an image from my set finalized. The setting is a briefing room, underground in an ant hill, for counterterrorist ants. I spent a little over a week for everything. Render-time is about 6 minutes with Maya's native renderer. Just wanted to see what the not so general public thought of it. :)

http://nginco.com/xvt/x/widescreen_low.jpg

caldeira
04-17-2002, 09:53 AM
It's so Resident Evil ligthining.
There is no problem with the scene, i mean, it's great. But what you going to do with that? An animation?

popnGEAR
04-17-2002, 10:06 AM
It is one of the sets in my demo reel, so yep it will be involved in an animation. :buttrock:

Pentagramma
04-18-2002, 01:31 AM
WOW!:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Beautiful! No crits at all - great models, great light, great render.

Have you used something special at the render, or is it just "plain" Maya?

Canīt wait to see it in motion!!

lildragon
04-18-2002, 01:53 AM
I'm just in bewilderment of how tiny these objects must be in relation to a human :D, you already know what I think but I just had to say that ;) awesome finish, and the light looks mucho better now :thumbsup:

a su salud :beer:

Korgath
04-18-2002, 02:11 AM
Perfect! :thumbsup:

Reminds me of the old game "Bug war"...:drool:

Have you done anything else "anty", like a warscene or something? I really dig this concept!

bike
04-18-2002, 03:32 AM
:buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock:

robin
04-18-2002, 03:35 AM
yes pretty good ... this shows me that you dont need to go to much into detailed Modeling ... something simple as a room with an ambience/good lighting is far better

good job anty ! :)

lildragon
04-18-2002, 03:40 AM
I forgot to mention I like the "chaos" in the scene, papers scattered e.t.c , but I think given the environment some roots pretruding for the ceiling and clinging to the walls would add a nice touch.

Keep it up, can't wait to see the general giving out the orders to the restless privates :p

a su salud :beer:

popnGEAR
04-18-2002, 04:03 AM
Thanks for all the generous comments and feedback guys :).

Pentagramma: no rendering plugins, just Maya.

Korgath: I haven't gotten to any of the animation yet, setting everything else up first. I plan on having a picnic as a battlefield though.

Bike: :wip: :wip: :wip: :wip:

lildragon: I was originally going to add in some hanging roots from the ceiling and in the wall, never got around to it, felt like moving on. I think I'll revisit this scene sometime in the near future to add those elements in though. :wavey:

AnimaLMotheR
04-18-2002, 06:14 AM
Man i cant wait to see that animation. :D:D:D:thumbsup:

xtrm3d
04-18-2002, 06:25 AM
me tooo..
nothing to critique..
cool work..
want to see more.. :-) plzzz

Jos Metadi
04-18-2002, 08:49 AM
Great over picture. I especially love the bulletin board, chalk board and projector screen. Perfectly textured. :thumbsup:

Edit: Just one to add. The bottom part of the projector screen is usually much smaller proportionately to the top. It is only to hold the screen down and keep it from moving with a breeze, and does not contain the reel and motor or spring to wind the screen up.

JoS (who still hasn't even begun to learn to texture)

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 05:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.