PDA

View Full Version : Ocean Collide / splash on ship problem

vilken
02-18-2008, 10:12 AM
Hey, I'm trying to achieve an effect of a ship cruising through a stormy sea i've read tons of tutorials on fluids and viewed many vid's on it but none of them explain how to get waves / the ocean to collide with the ship. Since the ocean isnt a real fluid container or anything i cant collide my ship with the ocean. What happends is that the ship goes through the scene creating wake from the engine but the waves still pass through the boat. I was wondering if anyone has a reasonable solution to this problem i know it can be done but not how. :( Any1 got an idea?

patrickkrebs
06-06-2008, 12:16 AM
You've probably solved the problem by now, but this might help someone later.

Fake it. Draw curves on your ship that emit when you want them too.

or

Create an invisible collision plane.

The ocean is actually a nurbs surface that you can have collide with the ship, or have the nurbs surface drive a second invisble softbody of the same shape which the ship will collide with.

There are many ways to achieve this. If you have specific questions feel free to email me at patrick@patrickkrebs.com (http://forums.cgsociety.org/patrick@patrickkrebs.com)

CGTalk Moderation
06-06-2008, 12:16 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.