PDA

View Full Version : DWIII - 3D - martyisnothere - The Witch

martyisnothere
02-18-2008, 08:54 AM
http://www.theultramarines.com/images/martydwiiidresses1.jpg
http://www.theultramarines.com/images/martydwiiisketches1.jpg

Name: The Witch (I can't really name her yet, I don't know who she is)
Class: Invoker
Type: Darkness
Weapon: A Lacquered Wooden Box

I read the brief and decided that I should add some extra rules just for myself. My submission has to be a female character with no skin below the neck showing except maybe hands and feet. No armor. No giant weapons.

So far all that I have is a slightly modified kimono so I've got a lot of work to do before this design is ready.

If you're worried that the box is not a threatening enough weapon, wait until she opens it.

I am having fun.

martyisnothere
02-24-2008, 01:20 AM
http://www.theultramarines.com/images/martydwiiithumbs1.jpg

So I was reading the rules a bit more and some stuff that FredH has said about the contest and I've decided to go back on the idea of the witch. Now my character is a big guy in big armor with a big sword. Last year, if memory serves, cartoon characters weren't allowed. I see nothing like that in the rules this year, hopefully they won't be changed.

I haven't decided on a type of magic for him yet, but he would appear to be a Warlord. His weapon is basically a giant sharpened metal phallus.

My next step will be to work on colors (I don't want him to be plain grey metal like in the portrait.) Maybe I'll get some more done this weekend.

StacyOgie
02-24-2008, 01:32 AM
I like your new character but your previous one appeals to me more. She's more original than the generic, muscular warlord. When I saw your first post, this pic came to mind: http://mundobit.blogsome.com/uploads/mundobit/sc_Setsuka.jpg

But I would like to see where you take the new concept.

dmonk
02-24-2008, 01:16 PM
OK I really didnotice the phallic symbol the first time around. I think the first design could of been interesting, but the latest one's "in your face approach" is hillarious!

Looking forward to this coming along, I know yout have the skills to pull it off.

CharlesVarenne
02-24-2008, 01:31 PM
Really nice sketch and fresh color. About the rule you set up for yourself I think this is nice and will bring something a bit more fresh than falling always in the same type of female character (which by the way, I fell completly into this stereotype... but oh well :rolleyes::), but I was thinking of incorporating some design to move a bit away from this. )

Shame you dropped the wooden box woman I liked the ideas.

The other character looks nice but is more generic.

Anyway overall look nice, waiting to see more and how the 3d part will be handle.

CG-Gordon
02-24-2008, 01:37 PM
Really nice style you have there, I too am hoping to do something more cartoony and stylized so I hope that is ok with the rules. Nice going looking, forward to seeing how this one develops.

innactpro
02-24-2008, 02:08 PM
So I was reading the rules a bit more and some stuff that FredH has said about the contest and I've decided to go back on the idea of the witch.

What, in the rules and did FredH say, to make you change your mind?

Loukor
02-24-2008, 03:27 PM
I really like your style, hoping to see the exact style translated into 3D. Goodluck and cheers.

mestizo
02-24-2008, 07:16 PM
real fun style you have going

Ech0
02-24-2008, 07:53 PM
I think you should go with your first concept the second ones cool but the first one i think is Awesome ,I feel you would stand out more from the rest by doing the first one

DDS
02-24-2008, 08:42 PM
I think the first concept is better artistically. But this is a game competition and subtle characters like that one usually end up being non-playable and obviously non-heroes. The second one looks like the badass brother of the prince in Shrek, which will still stand out if done properly.

I also hope to see it exactly translated into 3D...*crosses fingers*

erik_j
02-26-2008, 01:13 AM
!! ;D this is hilarious! I vote for the second! (how about his artifact is the monthy python killer joke?.. j/k :P)
awesome painted conceps!
eager to see more! good luck!

SashaP
02-26-2008, 01:36 AM
I was in love with your first initial design, your second design is cool, but I've seen so many entries already like it. I love your style as well, can't wait to see more from you, especially the 3d mock up.

Shintobe
02-28-2008, 01:59 AM
Killer art style...I like both designs. Maybe you should have a 2D and 3D entry.

dmonk
02-29-2008, 03:05 PM
So what's it gonna be?

[YOYO]
02-29-2008, 03:39 PM
This is very impressive work. I love your style. It's good to see something more fun and goofy in DW. Awsome design work all around :)

blindsyte
03-01-2008, 10:33 AM
total freakin lol on the 'giant sharpened metal phallus'

CGTalk Moderation
03-01-2008, 10:33 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.