PDA

View Full Version : DWIII - 3d - SAMARCBZ - CHANDAAL

Pages : 1 [2]

DTRAN
04-14-2008, 12:15 AM
Congrats on finishing this and goodluck in the rounds ahead, i think this is a very strong entry! it has been a blast watching this thread. cool for getting it into gears!

Intervain
04-14-2008, 02:55 AM
a very good finish indeed! Best of luck:thumbsup:

taehoon
04-14-2008, 04:57 AM
GREAT ./you are masterous..

Haha

madshooter
04-14-2008, 01:01 PM
Awesome:). Very nice finish. Congratulations:thumbsup:.

varunbondwal
04-14-2008, 01:22 PM
U rock man !!

Best of Luck, I hope u win

hakanpersson
04-14-2008, 07:20 PM
Haha! The beauty render is very striking, silly wow-elves gotta watch out now, Chandaal is in the house:buttrock:

Good work all the way until the end! (even thought I think the GoW render was just a tiny bit better than the final one).
/Håkan

NyneDown
04-14-2008, 09:23 PM
I cant believe you pulled off ALL of that in the last few hours of the war man, congrats! The final turned out great....good luck to ya! ;)

DMNY
04-14-2008, 09:59 PM
Amazing render! Go for the win!

samarcbz
04-15-2008, 11:23 AM
thanx for the kind replies folks. cgsociety just rocks this time.no kiddin. i
m on a vacation now for 2 weeks :beer:.
i lucky that i finished my model coz if i didnt my vacations were gonne get screwed.
neways best of luck to u all and hope the best entry wins.
cheers

QuantumPixel
04-15-2008, 06:59 PM
Well done, you should place well. could have pusehd the pose with some emotion thought but the technical exicution is as good as it gets.

JoshuaAnderson
04-26-2008, 07:19 AM
The thing I like about your work is you are honest to your characters.You respect the concept/the idea/the sketch. When the competition started, I bet albert that you won't make the concept for your character, that you'll ask someone(mac) to make the concept for ya. But not just you proved me wrong but you stayed true to your concept and it looks awsome!! What's more funny is the fact that you hardly draw!!! Samar, I think you are almost there to where you want to be.

facialteacup
08-29-2008, 05:37 AM
Great work! Your idea for creating AO is impressive, but I have a question about the gw object importer. It did not come with any install directions. How do you get the importer to work?

farazmobin
08-29-2008, 06:16 AM
just take the gw_dle file and paste it in plugins(try stdplugs folder if this doesnt work..one of these for sure) folder in the 3dsmax directory

facialteacup
08-30-2008, 08:20 AM
Hello,
I have been trying to duplicate this method of creating an AO map, but everytime I render the map, it is very dark (especially around the UV mapped parts of the mesh), and it looks nothing like the great Samarcbz's map. Does any one know what the problem might be?

Thanks,

facial

farazmobin
08-30-2008, 09:44 AM
can you post the AO rendermap...it can be alot of things..but until i see the ao render i can be sure.

oh btw i and samarcbz stay together.hes on a vacation.

facialteacup
08-30-2008, 08:54 PM
It appears that the AO map is detecting a light source. The map has a lot of shadowing on it, and it changes depending on the angle of the model. I thought AO did not require any lights in the scene. I will try and upload a pick of the map.

facialteacup
09-01-2008, 08:56 AM
I figured out my problem with generating the map: I did not add a Mental Ray material to my high res mesh. Now, I have a new problem. I am getting black and white artifacts on the AO map. Is there a wat to fix this?

Thanks

farazmobin
09-01-2008, 10:41 AM
select al the faces of the lowpoly..that is the editpoly below the pojection modeifer(after you use the projection modifier in RendertoTexture) and press alt+H..this will hide the lowpoly and thus wont interfere in the baking process....then bake for clean result

pradhuman
11-13-2008, 10:14 AM
Great Model, ur a real O.C.G with pyroclastic work flow.

lxy57124
12-12-2008, 03:41 AM
hey ..man ...how do your model put into unreal entironment?(not Unreal Editor)

Picklock
09-23-2009, 12:27 AM
Hi SamarCBZ,

OMG, your work is truly awe inspiring! I can only hope to be as good as you are and your models give me the energy and will to strive for that, thank you!

Also, thanks for your tutorial for Ambient Occlusion baking! Although, I am having one small problem when rendering it out and thought you could share some insight on how to fix. I render it out fine, but the baked map shows the normals not softened like I have on the low and highpoly models. I have both high and low poly models using smoothing groups that look nothing like the end baked product, which have no smoothing groups at all and shows all the facets and everything. I have just taken it into photoshop for now and run a surface blur on it to suffice untill I find out how to fix it. Do you know what is causing this? Thanks in advance!

Picklock

CGTalk Moderation
09-23-2009, 12:27 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.