PDA

View Full Version : DWIII - 3D - robo3687 - La Morte Noire

robo3687
02-18-2008, 05:37 AM
Hi All

This is my first Dominance War and I'm so glad that the topic turned out to be what it was cos I had a few ideas for that sort of thing alread floating around in my head.

What I've decided on is this

Name: La Mort Noire (literally French for 'The Black Death')
Class: Stalker
Artifact Weapon: I'm thinking dual hooks on chains or something like that (I don't want to go the scythe route)
Magic Type: Darknes/void

I'm still trying to pull together a few different lore's about 'reapers' to work out the real details of who he is, but that is essentially what he'll be...the grim reaper. I won't be going for the skeleton in a black robe deal though, this will be much more interesting (I hope).

For a look I'm thinking something with leather, blood, lotsa hair (matted with aforementioned blood), stitches (as in the 'holding my body together' type).

To be honest my initial inspiration for this guy was The Undertaker from WWE...lol...but this will hopefully be an amped up version of him thats unique to this comp.

I'm also going to be using one of OKMER's logo's (since they are the awesome..lol) as I think it would look nicely plastered on the back of my guy.

robo3687
02-18-2008, 07:14 AM
any thoughts anyone?

i'm working on a concept painting right now...which i hope to have up sometime in the next few hours

robo3687
02-18-2008, 08:07 AM
ok...here it is...lol...its pretty rubbish...but anyway it gives the general idea...

its a bit too undertakery at the moment, but i'll try and rectify that in time.

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/3320/mortfq8.jpg

AlltracAdrian
02-18-2008, 08:52 AM
Good start to your idea. Try and work out a strong silhouette before you go into any color painting. Nail the design and first read of the character before any seconday and tertiary details

Keep it up!

robo3687
02-19-2008, 01:27 AM
thanks adrian for the advice...

i sort went into that concept blind, but now that i have a bit more of an idea of what i want i'll have to do another

robo3687
02-19-2008, 07:16 AM
two more concepts

http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/7417/mortheadju2.jpg
the basic idea with his head is that it is very skeletal (but not just a skull...it has skin) and has an look of 'self repair and modification' in that he takes parts from his victims and mends himself. The part of his scalp that the hair is attached to is one such area. As is the jaw. My idea with the jaw is that he got into some sort of fight and got his knocked off...so he killed the guy and took his...then stitched it on to his head with scraps of skin and leather. He has no nose as it got bitten off by something and he hasn't found a suitable replacement as of yet.

http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/7484/mortweaponfo2.jpg
This is his weapon (he will have 2), which is obviously a big ass hook on the end of a chain. The handle has two separate grip areas because his hand only has 2 wide fingers (another design change i made), but it is likely that he will often just grip the chains to use the weapon (as per original concept). The hooks themselves will have spells engraved into them to power them up with the magic (which is darkness/void). With the hooks he will be able to lash out at the ground and drag open a bottemless void to trap opponents in. Also hooking an enemy (if it doesn't take his head off...) will render them blind (putting them in darkness) in able to finish them off with ease....i'm still thinking of some other ideas for darkness magic.

Overall I've decided to make a few design changes, I'm thinking of red or black (or a really dark red) for a skin colour now...to go with the CGS colour scheme...'Morty' (as I'm calling him) will now be alot bulkier and stockier as opposed the leaner version I started off with (kind of a cross between hellboy and the hulk).

Airflow
02-19-2008, 03:12 PM
Its looking good, Id say, supersize the hooks and chains.

robo3687
02-26-2008, 09:34 AM
i'm thinking of changing my concept....this one is getting the better of me....

I just did some random modelling and have started to come up with some sort of armoured samurai/knight kind of guy which sorta looks okay....once i do a bit more work on it I'll be able to tell if I will want to continue with it...

robo3687
02-26-2008, 11:35 AM
this is what i have so far....its a bit...well...shredder....lol...i plan to change that though

http://img524.imageshack.us/img524/431/001sy1.jpg

Airflow
03-09-2008, 07:08 PM
Id make him 3 times as mean, like when Shredder went all mutant.

CGTalk Moderation
03-09-2008, 07:08 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.