PDA

View Full Version : DWIII - 3D - Zenchi

dronetheories
02-17-2008, 09:49 PM
So I have finally sat down and rethought this whole thing. I hope you guys like my new idea. I've just set some time aside today to breakdown some sillys. Here they are and the one I like is on the left. Darkness Void, Stalker...

Race: Unknown

Class: Stalker

Artifact Weapon: Void/Dark

Goodluck to all and stay tuned for the concepts!

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2142/2342346184_408b7c0779_b.jpg

dronetheories
02-18-2008, 10:15 PM
<Idea Deleted>

laber
02-18-2008, 10:58 PM
nice, but the green rocks on the shoulders look like they would decrease his flexibility in movement.

as he is a tank-class, he needs to look like he could smash your jaw (golden compass ;)) away without hurting himself.

dronetheories
02-18-2008, 11:17 PM
<Reply Deleted>

dronetheories
02-19-2008, 03:31 AM
So I sat down for a bit when I got home and started doodaling...

Xarxys
02-19-2008, 03:34 AM
Very interesting concept I can't wait to see it fleshed out more.

dronetheories
02-19-2008, 05:22 AM
<Idea Deleted>

dronetheories
02-19-2008, 09:31 PM
Just trying to brainstorm on the weapon... I will be posting it soon.

dronetheories
02-19-2008, 11:17 PM
<deleted by user>

ChrRambow
02-20-2008, 02:45 PM
I like the concept ... reminds me of Beastman.

The Weapon need to look more powerful and longer and more agressive imho.
For example a Mace or huge hammer spiked with these green Crystals.

Gune
02-20-2008, 03:15 PM
nice concept, maybe you greate a mixture of your greature with small strong legs and big strong arms... but not really human like... you know what i mean?

good luck!

dronetheories
02-20-2008, 04:25 PM
thanks guys, I'm on my way to GDC and I've been doing some sketches here and there. I'll be sure to update this with new content asap!

dronetheories
02-26-2008, 06:15 PM
Well, it is back to the drawing board. I am going to start over on my concepts. I've just decided hes not really interesting as what I thought a week ago. I'll be changing the thread up a lot. I am going to try and draw some stuff here at work on my downtime and post it.

dronetheories
03-18-2008, 03:31 AM
So I have finally sat down and rethought this whole thing. I hope you guys like my new idea. I've just set some time aside today to breakdown some sillys. Here they are and the one I like is on the left. Darkness Void, Stalker...

Ill be cutting back the armor a little to make it thinner and lighter. I will also be rendering it further so that purple will be replaced with one of the forum colors.
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2142/2342346184_408b7c0779_b.jpg

dronetheories
03-19-2008, 01:52 AM
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2286/2344575540_9377020501.jpg

Here is a closer look. I took some weight out of the armor. I thought he looked to heavy...

dronetheories
03-20-2008, 07:28 AM
Got some mudbox in tonight. Crits always welcome! Goin to add armor and other details soon...

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2322/2347297194_afb65eab72.jpg

NyneDown
03-20-2008, 08:56 PM
Hey Zenchi, I really like your concepts man....they have a pretty nice sense of design. You might want to go back and check those proportions, especially the legs in relation to the rest of the body. In both the sculpt and concept, he looks really top heavy with tiny legs. In the sculpt, it would probably help to go down a few subd levels...then work yourself up while blocking in those forms and anatomy. Keep up the good work man:)

dronetheories
03-21-2008, 06:58 PM
Thanks for the reply, I sat down yesterday and looked at it all over again. Tons of anatomy issues so I have been working on fixing them and adding the armor. Do you guys recommend cutting the mesh up and working on legs, arms, torso, head seperate or do you typically just go for it?

Ill be posting the low poly mesh for some crits in a bit. I've been doing some paint overs of the armor designs.

MandoMagic
03-21-2008, 08:03 PM
It's lookin' good so far. I guess great minds think alike since I am doing the stalker, darkness/void thing as well. I promise I didn't copy your idea!

I am really diggn' your approach to your armour designs. Very cool. The only suggestion I can make is that maybe the armour is a little too bulky for a stalker type character. Your designs seem to go better with a Warlord character.

That's the same thing that was happening to me so I cut down my character's armour in the revisions I am working on now. I also changed most of my character's armor to more of a leather/kevlar type material, instead of steel.

I figured that will help the character with stealth. Anyway, your stuff looks dope and I hope I helped out a little.

NyneDown
03-21-2008, 08:04 PM
Hey man, not a problem...and thanks for your reply too ;)

As far as cutting the mesh up and what not, what I tend to do is block out the base mesh's overall form when creating it in max. Then when in zbrush (or mudbox), I start blocking the forms in further on each subd level then occasionally "hiding" what I'm not working on just to free up some memory on my craptastic computer. If you have plenty of memory and really nice specs on your machine, it might not matter that much and you could more then likely work with an 8million poly model with no lagging. So I guess that all depends on your machine and what type of results you're seeing from it. Looking forward to the updates man! :)

dronetheories
03-21-2008, 09:16 PM
MandoMagic: In my most recent designs I have been trying to slim down the armor. I am looking for a style much like Mass Effect armor. It would probably be a little bit of cevlar and thin pieces of metal over top of the thicker areas that may need more protection or have less movement.

NyneDown: Yeah, the reason I ask is only because some of the guys on here such as Samar seem as if they work on individual pieces then uv them and stitch them back together again and paint out the seems. it looks pretty damn efficient. Thought I would try to get some feedback on that.

Thanks for the posts guys! It always helps a ton, keep them coming...

I'll be trying to finish up some quick sillys here and post em as soon as I can. Im in the middle of moving so its a pain in the neck to try to free time up at work.

dronetheories
03-21-2008, 10:29 PM
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2195/2350845766_2297dd301a_o.jpg

Here are some ideas... hope you like!

CGTalk Moderation
03-21-2008, 10:29 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.