PDA

View Full Version : DWIII - 2D - Imagolith - Aenux

kenjitsu
02-17-2008, 08:10 PM
Hi there... Been away for some time now, and got the feeling back and with that extension announced I couldn't resist a second try, so here goes.

Character: Aenux
Race: Some kind of mutant
Weapons: Propably 2 knives + artifact, TBA
Class: Stalker
Artifact: TBA

This is the new gen assassin, with extreme hearing, sight and enhanced senses combined with quick movement, stealth, massive close combat strength and high intelligence. This female mutant has it all. Only weaknesses are long distant attacks and fight against large numbers, but with her intelligence she turns the enemies advantage against them, with tactical brilliance she completes even the hardest missions... Now she is really put to the test.

Story: In time of chaos and increasing weakness in the war front the society needed a super weapon. By combining the best of wildlife creatures to create the most powerful unit, the Aenux was born.

http://benjamin.salmi.googlepages.com/Aenux002.JPG/Aenux002-full.JPG

kenjitsu
02-20-2008, 02:38 AM
Text moved down here to give place for the new updated info.
OLD Character!

[...

Character: Sizu (Boy) and Rockshell
Race: Human (/ Ancient shell-creature of Earth/Rock)
Weapon: Giant Rock Shell (maybe able to shift shape... morpher... but I won't over complicate things)
Class: Warlord
Magic: Earth/Rock,
Artifact: Terrasoul (cursed, ancient shell-creature of Earth/Rock.)
Thinking of like a game suitable for children over 8y or so.

(QUICK) Story - WIP:
The world came to an abrupt halt when all electronic went down. And short after that all hell broke loose. Riots and wars raged for centuries. People starved and died in decieses. Almost driving the humans to extinction. Only a small group of people survived.

~700 years after the fall of society the great meteor rain burned one half of earth. The meteor rain brought the magical matter that later would lift the curse of human and the society would rise again bringing forth the age of magic!

~300years past until a young boy by the name of Sizu found a magical rock with smaller rocks orbiting around it in the deserts of New Europe. Amazed as he was he picked the magic matter up. The rock started shaking in his hand and the orbiting rocks started to fly around him. Suddenly he was lifted up from the ground and small tornados and dust clouds started to appear . Then started big rocks fly around him coming closer. Sizu struggled to get away, but hovering in the air he was helpless... Then it struck, all the sand and rocks came together building up a rock body upon the boy trapping him inside... Pitch black and quiet.
Then he heard a deep voice calling for him... "-Master"... Now he could see again, but thru the eyes of the creature. He had turned into a rock giant... He begged to be released, the sand and rocks dissolved in seconds... leaving the boy in a cloud of dust with the artifact in his hand. Secretly discovering the ancient shell-creature of Earth/Rock Sizu later learned to control it. He had found a new friend.

(Not quick enough... Long story short)
As the wormholes opened again the enemies brought the war upon the protectors of the society outnumbering them, the boy unleashed the artifact and merged into Rockshell. The enemy had no chance to take him down as they only hit rock and sand. With size, ultimate armor and huge clubs to hands he crushed the enemy forcing them to retrite,... A new hero was born.

Well this is my quick story for now... Still everything can change. Sorry for my bad english.

Rockshell:
Is an ancient creature of sand cursed to be a slave for eternity trapped inside a dark crystal, it needs a master to be unleashed and controlled. The Rockshell can either be reliesed on it's own or shielding its master. It adapts to what creature it serves.

...]

Here are some roughs and warmups, ...

First a brain warmup, some fun figures.
http://benjamin.salmi.googlepages.com/Freaks.jpg/Freaks-full;init:.jpg

Second is the first idea on the story... rough and quick.
http://benjamin.salmi.googlepages.com/Stoneman.JPG/Stoneman-full;init:.JPG

And finally some roughs on the Rockshell.
http://benjamin.salmi.googlepages.com/Stoneman001.jpg/Stoneman001-full;init:.jpg

kenjitsu
02-25-2008, 04:24 AM
Here are some new sketches on the rockshell. Not really sure yet, I'm looking for something that doesn't look too serious or evil,... kinda thinking of a dog characteristics, friendly/friend but powerful when defending or attacking. I like #1, kinda, it has a that balance that I'm looking for, but still not sure about the silhouette or design. Ah well, I'll get there... Please can I get some feedback... I really would need it and would be highly appreciated. :wavey:

http://benjamin.salmi.googlepages.com/Rockshell001.jpg/Rockshell001-full;init:.jpg

mcederstrom
02-25-2008, 05:00 AM
I'm liking it man.

kenjitsu
02-25-2008, 02:18 PM
mcederstrom, Thank you, I'm glad you like what I've done so far. :)

StacyOgie
02-25-2008, 02:21 PM
On your first sketch, I like the one to the far left and on your last post, number 3. I think that your character is interesting in a good way. Would like to see more so keep 'em coming:thumbsup:

Loukor
02-25-2008, 02:23 PM
I think this is really awesome, great story behind it too. I look forward to your progression, goodluck!. Cheers

kenjitsu
02-25-2008, 02:36 PM
Yeshhh, Feedback, I've been waiting for this... for a week now, :) Thanks guys.

Loukor: Thank you so much.

StacyOgie: The first post, far left would be, the big guy (He was just a warmup to loosen my brain, do something "original"), I call him the gatekeeper, but I have hard time seeing him in action. 3rd guy last post, umm... Sure, I like it too, in a way, the shoulder/head part atleast. Thanks very much for the feedback. :)

kenjitsu
02-25-2008, 02:57 PM
I feel like I've made too much story out of this one to fit the contest. I guess we are supposed to make a random original badass character that looks really powerful in a balanced way, fitting a game like warcraft. So I'll dedicate my next sketches for something that road, just to see where it might take me.

Or what do you guys think?

kenjitsu
02-26-2008, 11:44 PM
... first post updated...

Skunkie
02-28-2008, 12:10 AM
Awesome design! I like it a lot.

kenjitsu
04-08-2008, 12:57 AM
Hi there... Been away for some time now, and got the feeling back and with that extension announced I couldn't resist a second try, so here goes.

This is not final, eraly wip, still trying to find something cool. Starting on the Ortho now, blocking in the female shape... So more to come, hopefully...
http://benjamin.salmi.googlepages.com/Aenux001.JPG/Aenux001-full;init:.JPG

kenjitsu
04-09-2008, 11:51 AM
Today I'm gonna start painting the final image as I'm almost finished with the concept, the rest I can paint in, I doubt that I can finish within the deadline, but I'll try to surprise myself.

Any help or tips would of course be appreciated.

I don't know about the leg being up like that, might change it, or put a dead body under it to show her animal side, like the cat has its paw on the dead mouse, in case if it would come back to life and try to escape. ;P

http://benjamin.salmi.googlepages.com/Aenux002.JPG/Aenux002-full.JPG

CGTalk Moderation
04-09-2008, 11:51 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.