saint-max
02-17-2008, 01:11 PM
reserving my place too ;)

blakbird
02-17-2008, 07:36 PM
Best wishes

saint-max
03-01-2008, 06:03 PM
I hope its not that late ... I totally forgot about the day this competition is going to start ... was waiting for and email or something ... lol
any way I read the rules and liked the story ... and i will start drawing from today actually right now ..

thats all for now and i will be posting some sketches soon:scream:

saint-max
03-04-2008, 07:51 PM
hello

Too late? hope not
I did some sketches trying to find some cool pose and putting down my ideas for this character ... well I picked vegetation as a power that my character well carry. The Elf with the Human help summoned this creature, a female Elf that carries seeds of "the dark spiny plant" have no idea what is that till now. this idea of the dark magic that comes form the deep dark forest practiced by the high Elfís priests. Itís just the basic idea although i have no idea how vegetation power well beat the metal aliens but I will go with that for now.
So here are some sketches ... very basic shapes...:wise:

saint-max
03-05-2008, 08:19 PM
More sketches for the same idea ... trying to create a unique shape for this character. Yes I do change my mind a lot ... but I will keep working on this for now

saint-max
03-05-2008, 08:22 PM
body and head study ...

bigbad
03-05-2008, 08:46 PM
The middle head looks cool. Familliar some how.

Gyorkland
03-05-2008, 08:55 PM
Nice sketches you got there personally my favourite is the girl, scary lady

saint-max
03-06-2008, 03:30 PM
bigbad Gyorkland thanx alot :D

so here are some more drawings trying to find some cool armor for the character ... testing testing ...
http://img167.imageshack.us/img167/6588/armor1ql7.jpg
http://forums.cgsociety.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=124821http://forums.cgsociety.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=124822

Fickiliana
03-06-2008, 06:56 PM
:wise:loving your sketchs saint-max. i liked all the options but what i like the most is option number 1

GOODLUCK.. i will come back to check for changes :Dits time for you to kick some *word* hehe:thumbsup:

saint-max
03-07-2008, 07:23 PM
thankx fickiliana :scream: yes me too liked number 1 ... love the big boots
Well I did some head studies trying to get the face right ... I was trying to change the horns to something ells. Well I showed the sketch to some of my friends and all said that horns have been used a lot, and thatís true I saw a lot in this contest... so tried something ells I gave her the crown of thorns. loved the idea of having the crown with the shape of horns and the whole idea of pain and ... any way I donít know, but looks like she can deal some great damage to the enemy with that look...
still working on the coloring red is still an option

here is the sketch ...

http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/8693/headstudydu8.jpg

Fickiliana
03-07-2008, 07:31 PM
FABULOUS :thumbsup:
i like how you managed to change the idea of having thorns because it is so used by others.
and i guess it really works. i also like the final sketch,she is soo charismatic, loving the attitude on the face. i think her face needs to be thinner down from th chin" just suggesting"
but overall.. it looks great :twisted:

StacyOgie
03-07-2008, 07:32 PM
Really lovin' your sketches. I'm gonna stalk around this thread for more updates. Keep it up!

Fickiliana
03-07-2008, 07:37 PM
FABULOUS :thumbsup:
i like how you managed to change the idea of having thorns because it is so used by others.
and i guess it really works. i also like the final sketch,she is soo charismatic, loving the attitude on the face. i think her face needs to be thinner down from th chin" just suggesting"

Fickiliana
03-07-2008, 07:40 PM
FABULOUS:thumbsup:

but overall.. it looks great :bounce:

Fickiliana
03-07-2008, 07:50 PM
FABULOUS:thumbsup:

Firerbert
03-07-2008, 08:16 PM
I love your concept style. Very loose.

The Flork
03-08-2008, 01:53 AM
oh cool red skin! i didnt see that comming haha i like it! you should give her black lipstick :-D

Maddog-CP
03-08-2008, 12:23 PM
I really like the larger feet / boots in Image (1). Seems to make the character alot larger in presence or posture. Keep going ! I really like where you are taking this!

saint-max
03-08-2008, 09:37 PM
Hey thanx fickiliana and yes I think I will work on the chin and color the face as well :scream:
StacyOgie thanx and welcome any time, The Flork yes red skin :D and blue eyes and .. yaeh I think black lips :scream:, Maddog-CP thanx alot and hope u like the rest keep checking this page for more updates.

Well still looking for a name for my character ... isnít this stupid? I mean asking for a name for the character before doing it ... I didnít know what to put so I wrote my nickname ...any way soon I will change this to the name of the character ...

c u soon

BloodTaster
03-08-2008, 11:02 PM
liked your style, very nice concepts too! Looking foward to see your final piece.

saint-max
03-10-2008, 09:35 AM
Firerbert thanx alot :thumbsup: keep checking this thread
BloodTaster hey thanx man really glad u liked the style:scream:

Really busy with school but going to finish something soon, really exited about coloring the face...

saint-max
03-11-2008, 06:48 PM
Ok I started coloring the face trying to make the overall look interesting... I liked the red of the skin and the purplish color on the side and giving some texture for the skin as well, am trying to make the face look more organic hmmmm give the character a life not a plastic perfect figure who had been summoned.
The blue color made me think of the color of her blood... maybe she doesnít have a red blood maybe a blue one. Any way I gave her this kind of glowy blue liquid just like deep sea creatures and I think it gives her I a different kind of personality. The glowing in the dark makes her more of a night creature and suggests a lot of abilities that she can do when the sun is down. Plus the crown look so cool :shrug:... I think with the glowing lights ... more of organic living thing ...
looking forward for feedbacks and suggestions:wise:http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/6287/headcolornx2.jpg

saint-max
03-11-2008, 06:54 PM
Adding to the colored face, I did this side and front view of the character trying to make sure every thing in place. Had a hard time getting the nose right...:Dhttp://img142.imageshack.us/img142/3189/headsidefrontjg4.jpg

Fickiliana
03-12-2008, 05:34 PM
i will start with the sketch,
first well done ibrahem :D , but i have a suggestion, the nose looks so petite and perfect, i mean it looks so neat. As you're saying that she led previous wars, a scratch on her nose or maybe distort her nose, not really distort but give her a more imperfect nose. you can aviod all this by creating a special healing cream, naturely made to keep her face clear of scarfs . i was thinking if the purple areas appear just when she gets closer to the victim. the way u colored the purple color around her eyes they look kinda like tears??
now the color study:wise:
ibrahem ibrahem ibrahem i really like you're choice of color .
her hair color is just love the color, the purple on the face is just a smart move!!
the part where the ears are attached to the face got my attention and it is well done. btw the ears
got this shape of an ocean creature. I'm not sure if it works better but the eyes maybe a darker blue? with a highlight of this blue? it is some how too bright.
i like your presentation. and im sure everyone is going to be mesmerized by your final piece :love:
p.s. you're already having fans from now. * the guy who asked you for a printed copy ;)

wish you all the luck

Novbert
03-14-2008, 08:38 AM
Very unique color use. Definitely one of my favourites. Can't wait to see the whole figure colored.

elhaz
03-16-2008, 08:44 AM
hey thanks for the post. your sketches looks really fresh man. keep up the good work i'll be checking back soon :thumbsup:

Lockwyn
03-16-2008, 09:25 AM
Looking good, I really like your sketch work.

The Flork
03-17-2008, 07:12 AM
aww i thought you where gonna give her black lip stick! you promised! lmao

haha very cool! i dont think im a fan of the white hair yet, maybe it will tie in with the rest, but as of now i dont like it lol i think blue or purple (like the cheeks) hair would be cool and unify the rest

walrus
03-17-2008, 07:25 AM
Looking really nice so far. I like the organic lights on her. I can't decide what I think about the colors yet without seeing the whole body. In general I'm not too big a fan of the concept of a red-white-and-blue color scheme, but I'll withhold comment 'til you go further with her. But I do like the white hair and blue lights (although they could be any color and still look interesting.) But maybe you could try the skin as a less saturated, duskier color? You mentioned her being a night creature, and while the lights support that, bright red skin doesn't necessarily fit.

But anyhow, just some random thoguhts. Overall, looking really nice and I'm looking forward to seeing more. Good luck!

saint-max
03-17-2008, 05:03 PM
I was really busy the past days and couldnít reply but I kept working on the character...
Fickiliana: hey thanx alot I really appreciate your feedback on the sketches, and for the nose I really had a hard time getting it this perfect,Ē maybe itís just me I really find it hard to draw noses". and yes the character had fought in previous wars... but its the fantasy world so yes nothing touched her face, but any way am still working on it and am sure that I will change alot of things in her.

Novbert,elhaz and Lockwyn thanx alot guys and keep checking for updates

The Flork: loool yeah I tried blue but it didnít work well with the rest of the colors, that this is just the first color test I try, and am going to change the skin color a little bit. I will make sure all the colors work with each other and thanx alot for the feedback.

walrus: hey thanx man, and me too I like the organic lights and i will push the character more into the kind of a dark creature coz I noticed the red and I was thinking the same way that it wont work for such a character. Well me too I do like white hair but lets wait and see the whole character in color. So keep checking as I add more updates:thumbsup:

kenzoabeki
03-18-2008, 05:00 PM
Love the colors and the lines. Nice concept.

My Dominance War III

Hideyoshi
03-18-2008, 05:31 PM
Nice!
Great design explorations and the head looks great! Looking forward to seeing updates!
It's got an Iain McCaig tough! :)

saint-max
03-21-2008, 10:07 PM
Hideyoshi, kenzoabeki thanx alot guys :thumbsup:

I was trying my best though the past days to fix the character... I had a "block" and couldnít come up with any ideas... then I forced my self and changed the color of her skin... yah finally. I liked the red but as we discussed before that it just doesnít work with the nature of the character. So I changed it and worked around that.
As my character is an invoker (I believe...) so I wanted to give her light armor, a mix between black leather and black metal. I started with the boot and worked my self up lol donít know why I did that any way.
I changed the hair style couple of times, until I settled on this design. It gives her a unique silhouette, it is better than the first one.
And I colored the overall look just for me to have a clear idea of her look, Nothing final and feedbacks are more than welcome.:wise:

http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/2135/costumecolor2fo1.jpg

Fickiliana
03-21-2008, 10:18 PM
smart move " with the skin color":wise:
i so much love her new hair style, personality changed. her boots!! i wanna try them :O

:thumbsup:great as usual

walrus
03-21-2008, 11:16 PM
NOW she says "night-dweller!" :thumbsup: Although now you also have the problem of having to integrate the team logo or colors into her design... the colors look so nice now, I'd think you'd want just the logo at this point. Maybe under the breasts, on on each thigh on the outside and inside, on either side of those thigh-high boots with the indentation going down the center. Anyhow, just some ideas... looking good. I like the heair-style too. Just keep going!

saint-max
03-23-2008, 06:27 PM
Fickiliana: hey thanx alot and glad you liked the changes i have done to her, and trust me maybe one day u will have the chance to try such a'boots :scream:

walrus: thanx man am really happy that the changes worked with the mood of this character, and i will try to solve the logo problem, logo is oky but the red color on the logo is the problem. Any way i will try my best.

ok donít know y am putting this here but i found this new online game and found it really interesting for this competition, somehow its kind of coming from the same world of magic
enjoy :thumbsup:

http://www.playrequiem.com/index.aspx

and for the trailer .... http://www.gametrailers.com/player/32128.html

ps: liked the combination of blood in a mmorpg with metal music in the background just cool :thumbsup:

saint-max
03-29-2008, 09:39 PM
After along time .... here is FINALLY the costume for my character, (going to name here today:shrug:). I added red to the costume so the logo works better as one part of the whole thing.. am happy with it, thatís what I can say about it lol:buttrock:

http://img297.imageshack.us/img297/3982/coloredfront2vv5.jpg

saint-max
03-29-2008, 09:56 PM
I did alot of sketches for the final image but still not sure of the action that I wont to capture.. I want to show some fighting some action in the image, I believe that its more interesting than a stand still pose.
Any way here are three studies
feedbacks are more than welcome:wise:

am not really sure about 1 the pose not interesting but its still an option
number 2 looks cool she stands on top of the giant dead robot's body, but I donít want an after the fight seen ...
number 3 hmmmmm i can see something there hmmmm

http://img297.imageshack.us/img297/6615/pose1pe7.jpg

http://img297.imageshack.us/img297/9122/pose2fl1.jpg

http://img297.imageshack.us/img297/116/pose3ka1.jpg

saint-max
03-30-2008, 08:54 PM
Ok. I cleaned the drawing and did some sketches for the sword that she is going to carry. I like the idea of a sword but at the same time u can use it as a gun. so I designed this sword... (am not sure if I can call that thing a sword), coz it doesnít have any sharp edges. Any way the black sword holds the power of the Death Plant and able to fire blue plasma energy balls that can suck out life and energy out of any thing ... this is my concept so far. Am sure that am going to change it and develop it in the near future.:wise:
http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/3448/costubepencil2ta4.jpg

Fickiliana
04-09-2008, 07:08 PM
i am impressed ibrahem with the development of your character.
i shall say it's a winning character. waiting for your final work. about the tthree sketches i would go for option number 3 , looks interesting for me. looking forward to know her name
.that's it for now
good luck and wish you finish on time.:)

AxelAlonso
04-11-2008, 07:51 AM
HI Ibrahem,

I like the composition 3 as well, much more deep space to represent the arches of her movement and the battle attitude! The red skin on her looks sexy and cool! Great concept character! Hope to see more updates soon!:arteest: (http://forums.cgsociety.org/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=0#):D (http://forums.cgsociety.org/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=0#)

CGTalk Moderation
04-11-2008, 07:51 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.