PDA

View Full Version : Need modo lessons on making terrains

Kori
02-16-2008, 04:06 PM
I just finished my 3D Garage modo 2 by Dan Ablan, and enjoyed the course. I feel like I could build and texture some simple mechanical objects now. I see many mechanical projects listed on the Lux site, but that is not what interests me.

My interest is in outdoor setting. Not buildings really, but terrains. Perhaps modo was not the best choice for terrains, but it’s paid for and I might as well see what I can make.

I would like to make a ‘water front scene’. Trees, rocks, sand beach and a lake or ocean. Are there any lessons or tutorials on this type of scene that I could make with modo? Lightwave and modo seem to be sister programs. Perhaps you know of some tutorial/project LW water front scenes that I could learn from.

Do I need to buy any third party software for trees, rocks, water, clouds, etc and import them, or should I make them? I would rather build than buy items/models, but perhaps it’s not practical.

And finally, are there any books on the subject of making outdoor terrain settings? Hopefully modo or Lightwave native.

I suppose I should be using something like Vue d’Esprit or Terrain maker, but for some reason that does not sound like much fun.

Thanks
Kori

CGTalk Moderation
02-16-2008, 04:06 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.