PDA

View Full Version : Layers Renderer, Rendering Only Black

kelasa
02-16-2008, 10:56 AM
I'm trying to render a mutiple pass render.

I have all my layers set up with all the presets ready. My Batch Render is ready.

I have the output preset set to making a multi layer PSD as it is rendered.
When I hit "Batch Render" All I'm getting is black images with two layers. One is only black and the other is empty.

It is named "defaultrenderlayer1", even though my project is set and has it's own name.

Thank you for any ideas

hakanpersson
02-16-2008, 07:06 PM
I didnt even know you could output psd files. Have you tried with any other formats, like bmp?

The "default renderlayer" is the render layer when you dont have any render layers at all, and it shows up on the renderlayer tab as "masterlayer" when you first create a new render layer. Unless you want that to render, you will need to uncheck the "r"-for render button. And make sure the other layer you want rendered, is checked for render.

Did the render even create a folder for the other layers? (such as specular, occlusion or whatever you named your layers).

kelasa
02-16-2008, 08:55 PM
I found that I am able to render the multipasses to .PSD's if I use the single frame render tab.

I turned off the R in front of masterlayer as you'd told me about. Thanks for that.

I keep getting the same two layer black and empty files with (defaultRenderLAyer) as part of the title when I try a batch render.

I do not really want to have to render my peice, one frame at a time. I'm about ready to.

kelasa
02-16-2008, 09:00 PM
It did create seperate folders for the passes. However both the batch render attempt and the seemingly successful single layer method, just makes a single photshop file and doesn't put the layers into their seperate folders.

kelasa
02-16-2008, 11:36 PM
I think it was a bug. I took it into 2008 and it works fine.

CGTalk Moderation
02-16-2008, 11:36 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.