PDA

View Full Version : Looking for brutally honest critique!

sstreaker
02-15-2008, 08:03 PM
Hey all,

I'm looking for some critique for my demo reel and body of work. My reel consists of compositing, animation, and mograph work. Please let me know what you think! Thanks in advance!

www.jaygroden.com (http://www.jaygroden.com)

thetranslator
02-27-2008, 11:45 AM
Well, very good web site. I enjoyed it :-)

Some small points:
Concerning your CV
- I dont understand why you placed the text of "Prof Exp." more at the right (same with education, honors, and affiliations)
- Periods are sometimes omitted in the "Profile"
- I missed a comma between "Illustrator" and "Dreamweaver"

Couldnt open "Logo concepts for Kangaroo Kids" and "Fun with pen and ink!"

The rest is very good :-)

Cya

Sp3ctre
03-03-2008, 08:17 PM
concerning the animation portion of your reel, there's some good stuff in there, but the walk cycle you have doesn't match the quality of the rest of your animation. I would either work on it more, clean it up, etc, or just take it out completely. A walk cycle isn't something you can skimp on, if it's not right it is very obvious and can detract from the rest of your reel.

Hope that helps some.

sstreaker
03-07-2008, 02:47 PM
Thanks very much for your input guys! I'll have a look at all that stuff you mentioned. I agree, that cycle is kind of a weak link, I am gonna polish it up.

CGTalk Moderation
03-07-2008, 02:47 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.