PDA

View Full Version : Please Help: Right Mouse Customization

siy
02-15-2008, 06:33 PM
I've been trying to customize my Right Mouse Marking Menu(and Shift+RMB,Ctrl+RMB) for about two hours now.
I'm learning Maya after using 3dMax for two years, and want to set both pieces of software as much as I can to have the same Right Mouse Menu controls.
Hotkey assigned Marking Menus are ok but I personally find using your own RMB, Shift+RMB, Ctrl+RMB cutomization to give you faster access to the specific tools you use.

Any solution would be much appreciated:)
Thanks.

JamSession
02-15-2008, 09:23 PM
for RMB you need to hijack the dagMenuProc.mel file, to do the shift+RMB you need to hijack the contextPolyToolsMM.

If you are new to .mel, I wouldn't change these files. They are failry complex. Before you edit anything make sure you copy them to your maya>scripts folder in my documents.

ewerybody
02-16-2008, 09:33 AM
you learn Maya after using Max for 2 years!?!?
HEY KID!! the Maya MMs are darn well build up! Seems you didn't take a deep look. Its all most convenient and context sensitive! :)

however: I hacked the dagMenuProc.mel as well. placing it to your personal scripts folder sometimes doesn't work. Some actions re-source it from the main scripts.

So what is it that you want to do? Just reorder stuff like in Max?

GiantG
02-16-2008, 11:01 AM
If you are not familiar with MEL try the "Marking Menu Editor" to personalize your menu's.
But i recommend you to learn Maya's default settings. They are not bad at all!

If you customize Maya too much, you aren't able to work efficient on any other Workstation.

Cheerz...

strarup
03-05-2008, 06:56 AM
Hi,

maybe some of the stuff from these 2 threads can help you... :)
http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=129226
http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=161952

also was once a tread on Jason Schleifers forum about making an generic rmb menu/marking menu thingie... however couldn't find it... been some changes since I last was there...

hopefully some of the thingies in the 2 threads can be to some use... :)

kind regards

Strarup

CGTalk Moderation
03-05-2008, 06:56 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.