PDA

View Full Version : Skinning bird wing

Wiz
02-14-2008, 05:56 PM
Hello to all :)
I have a littlw problem I cant seem to find a good soloution for..
I have a wing rigged, everything works correctly, flapping, fanning etc. the feathers are offcourse sepreated mesh.. and I am left with the "boney" part which just wont be skinned
correctly..

I have tried so many approach, skinning, maknig a latice and ataching to the bones, using corrective blend shapes, Warp deformer.. nothing works,what Ever I try to do the, the Feathers always intersect at same point with the fleshy part.. no matter how much I refine the weight painitng.. I just cant see to find a perfect soloution for this :(

I'd love to hear if someone has any ideas or tips for this?
thanks alot.

Boucha
02-15-2008, 03:34 AM
adding a jiggle deformer to the wrap deformer which is skinned to a skeleton can be a good idea...u can then paint and tweak the jiggle deformer at the edge like feather areas n see the result doin a quick animation on it...make sure the skeletal structure aligns with the anatomy for the birds wing which will be controlled by the wrap deformer...

refract
02-15-2008, 08:18 AM
Can you explain the boney part better? Not sure what you mean.

Boucha
02-15-2008, 08:49 AM
Actually there is no need to create a complecated bone structure for the feather, the low rez version for the feather with the jiggle deformer is actually controlling the high rez mesh since the bones are actually smooth binded to it (..wrap deformer..controlling the high rez mesh)...this is good since u don't have to skin the high rez wing...After that U can paint jiggle weight around the wrap deformer and play with the settings..to get a good result...

CGTalk Moderation
02-15-2008, 08:49 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.