PDA

View Full Version : winVista?

dobermunk
02-14-2008, 02:56 PM
can anyone point me to information on getting the HASP dongle to work on vista?

I know that I should anticipate issues with messiah on vista as well (openGL) but... one thing ater the other...
Currently, I'm unable to get my dongle driver running. Seems some of the links at aladdin aren't up just now, but I've tried with a confirmed vista driver installer... and no luck.
Has anyone gone through this process already?

kursad_pileksuz
02-14-2008, 05:50 PM
You can burn your Vista copy. That is my solution!

Have you tried installing "microsoft for visual studio 2005 redistributables ". I had dongle issues under 64bit anf Fori pointed out these libraries that solved my problem. But it may not solve your, no idea. Give a try.

borisgoreta2000
02-14-2008, 07:15 PM
I am having no problems with HASP on Vista Ultimate 64. They provide drivers for on their site for both 32 and 64 bit flavor.

As for OpenGL issues I only had a problem with Back buffer flipping mode. It manifests as a whole area flipping from what is supposed to draw to some garbage. You can solve it by activating any of the OpenGL antialiasing settings. Or if you don'y want to have antialiasing you can download RivaTuner and set Back buffer flipping mode to block transfer instead of auto. That's about it with Messiah and Vista. Not a problem at all.

Cheers !

Suricate
02-14-2008, 08:07 PM
Just out of curiousity, are there serious issues with Vista and other 3d apps ? Is Vista's OpenGL slower than Win XP Pro ? Thing is, I would like to buy a new desktop/notebook soon and so far I have been worried about this Vista thing...

jbecana
02-15-2008, 09:10 AM
Just out of curiousity, are there serious issues with Vista and other 3d apps ? Is Vista's OpenGL slower than Win XP Pro ? Thing is, I would like to buy a new desktop/notebook soon and so far I have been worried about this Vista thing...
It's not easy to say what's wrong with Vista. I'm also using the 64 bits version that makes things even more complicated. Where is the problem? Vista drivers? 64 bits Vista drivers? application bugs? applications don't support Vista yet? 32 bits apps that don't run properly in 64 bits? who knows, all I know it's that I do have some problems that depends on applications, my nvidia 8800 GTX 64 bits Vista drivers, and maybe Vista itself. One annoying thing in Vista is that color profiles don't get loaded when you start Vista, you have to load them manually and if you use screensavers, suspend/hibernate the system etc.. you have to load them again, everytime.

Now there are not many options to choose: if you want a new PC, you can use Vista or Vista (I believe XP is still available, it might not be a good investment, but it will work right now). I decided to use Vista, but I'd love to have more options, and if I have to choose now, probably I would go for XP.

David, the latest drivers work fine with Vista, I have no problems with them, but I did with previous a version.

Suricate
02-15-2008, 01:54 PM
Javier, thanks for the info. I guess I will get a new computer with Win XP then. It's only sad that nowadays almost all new computers come with Vista pre-installed...

kursad_pileksuz
02-15-2008, 04:34 PM
Suricate, you would definetely want 64bit version of xp. I think 32bit version is obsolete. SOme things are little quirky under 64bit. But memory limitation under 32bit is kind of dumb nowadays

dobermunk
02-17-2008, 11:38 AM
thanks for all the replies...

I'm currently getting a "successful install" message from the hasp installer followed by "hasp error (-10)" when trying to launch messiah. Of course, this means I can't work with messiah on vista yet.
:banghead:

palpal
02-17-2008, 11:52 PM
I have installed the messiah on my win vista 64 bit and am unauthorized to start the application... in this thread there are alot that have come further... what have you done to launch the software at all?

yours PAL :bounce:

jbecana
02-18-2008, 08:16 AM
David,
I downloaded the HASP HL Device Drivers from here (http://www.aladdin.com/support/hasp/enduser.aspx#latestDD), choose "HASP HL Device Driver GUI Installation NEW! Supports Vista" first entry in the table. This is working for me, using Vista Business 64 bits.

palpal,
I set the User Account Control (UAC) OFF after installing Vista, I think it's the quickest way to get rid of these kind of problems. I think you can access that from the Control Panel, Security Center.

palpal
02-18-2008, 09:51 AM
I have Account Control (UAC) set to OFF... and the link you sendt do not work... hmm... have to search for it!

Yours PAL :bounce:

jbecana
02-18-2008, 10:16 AM
works for me:
http://www.aladdin.com/support/hasp/enduser.aspx#latestDD
if you have set UAC off, it's really strange that you cannot start messiah. Have you installed it in a network drive? If so, check also IE, internet options, security tab, local intranet: uncheck the first line "Automatically detect intranet networks" and check all the others.

palpal
02-18-2008, 10:44 AM
HASP_HL_driver_ setup.zip can not be downloaded... will look in IE, have not changed anything there...

Yours PAL :bounce:

jbecana
02-18-2008, 11:05 AM
The file is too big for an attachment, I sent you a PM. (file:///D:/Javier/Downloads/HASP_HL_driver_setup.zip)

(file:///D:/Javier/Downloads/HASP_HL_driver_setup.zip)

dobermunk
02-27-2008, 12:48 PM
As for OpenGL issues I only had a problem with Back buffer flipping mode.... You can solve it by activating any of the OpenGL antialiasing settings.

Thanks!

Up and running on vista!

stooch
02-27-2008, 09:36 PM
I have the same issue. I was advised to upgrade the dongle with a copy of windows xp.

thanks for all the replies...

I'm currently getting a "successful install" message from the hasp installer followed by "hasp error (-10)" when trying to launch messiah. Of course, this means I can't work with messiah on vista yet.
:banghead:

adl
02-28-2008, 08:02 AM
Jbecana: i have disinstalled hasp 4 drivers and installed your HASP_HL drivers and via command line too on my quad 6600 with Vista Ultimate 64 but without success. The procedure is complete, the dongle has the light on, I have UAC off but I have always the message "hasp error (-10)". The same procedure works well on XP 64 but not with Vista Ultimate 64.

Dobermunk: please say as to install this damn HASP drives o Vista Ultimate 64,
now are 3 days that I make tests without success!

Thank you a lot for your time.

ADL

dobermunk
02-28-2008, 10:31 AM
hi adl:
that's the same error message I was getting. After getting my messiah 3 version I de-installed the hasp drivers and ran the messiah install, including the hasp driver. Then it worked. Not sure how relevant this is, but I also de-installed the other dongle drivers that vista had automatically installed...
I'm nfortunately on a 32bit system, but I don't think that makes much of a difference in regard to the dongle drivers...

adl
02-28-2008, 10:49 AM
Thank you very much Dobermunk, I have make the same with your procedure too
but it don't works. Any1 has success with Vista 64 ULTIMATE to run Messiah 3?
Thank you a lot for any help.

ADL
www.imagonet.it

ThomasHelzle
02-28-2008, 01:53 PM
It works here on Vista 64 Business.
With the UAC off, the install worked and the dongle was found.
With UAC on, the install gets half through and then unrolls everything again.

You can't update the dongle on Vista - is that your problem?

Cheers,

Thomas

adl
02-28-2008, 03:44 PM
Thank you Thomas,
if you remember me I have write a review of your shaders for computer grafica italian CGI magazine some time ago :)

yeah Paula from pmg has write to me to dowload tre hasp software to upgrade the dongle,
but now I think that is not possible to upgrade it on Vista Ultimate 64 (I received this dongle with Messiah 2.2!).

The same dongle works well on XP 64 but not on Vista 64,
I have requested a new dongle to Paula, I think this is the only solution to run
the new version.

Thank you a lot for your help!

ADL
www.imagonet.it
www.fryrender.it

ThomasHelzle
02-28-2008, 04:11 PM
I especially remember that you never sent me anything back, not even a scanned page from that review. I found that extremely lame back then, considered that you got the plugins for free.
Not a big deal, but not cool either.

Good luck anyway! ;-)

Cheers,

Thomas

adl
02-29-2008, 06:53 AM
Thomas I'm sure that I have sent to you some printed magazines to the postal address in Germany that you have give me, sorry for this, I have sent NOW to you in email the pdf of review and you will receive some printed copies in the next days about the review of your GREAT product. I have not receive any email from you for this, exuse me again!!! :(

For the dongle issue Paula has write me this:
Hi Antonio,

We spoke to Aladdin, the manufacturer of the HASP dongle, and it seems that they are having an issue with Vista being able to run the update program, that works fine under all previous version of Windows including 64bit XP. There is no problem with running the software on Vista, only with updating the dongle. In the meantime, here's an option for you: - update the dongle (run the MS3ClientUpdater.zip) using XP and then you can run messiah with Vista

A few other customers have done this and said it works.

ADL
www.imagonet.it (http://www.imagonet.it)
www.fryrender.it (http://www.fryrender.it)

adl
02-29-2008, 08:01 AM
Ok, as Paula as said now works well now,
I have update the dongle code on WinXP 64 and the dongle now works well on Vista 64 Ultimate!
Thank you all for your patience and assistence.

Only a last question. Is it normal this "flickering" when I change windows and sub menu inside messiah 3 on Vista (video card NVidia GTX 8800)? Its seem as the refresh is too fast and this persist if I disable Vista Aero!

ADL
www.imagonet.it (http://www.imagonet.it)
www.fryrender.it (http://www.fryrender.it)

borisgoreta2000
02-29-2008, 08:39 AM
Apply some OpenGL anitailasing

or

Download rivatuner and set back buffer flipping mode to block transfer

ThomasHelzle
02-29-2008, 10:43 AM
Thomas I'm sure that I have sent to you some printed magazines to the postal address in Germany that you have give me, sorry for this, I have sent NOW to you in email the pdf of review and you will receive some printed copies in the next days about the review of your GREAT product. I have not receive any email from you for this, exuse me again!!! :(

Are you sure you have the right email and adress? I didn't receive anything.
You can find the details on my website: http://www.screendream.de/contact_imprint_e.htm

As for not sending you email about this: I completely forgot about it after a while of not hearing anything from you, only when you reminded me above I became aware of it again...
Would be nice to see what you wrote though - even if I don't speak italian ;-)

Cheers,

Thomas

P.S. RivaTuner/Block Transfer did the trick here on Vista Business 64...

ThomasHelzle
02-29-2008, 12:41 PM
Ok, got the mail - I look forward to the printed version :-)

Thanks and best regards,

Thomas

Thalaxis
03-01-2008, 05:51 PM
Does anyone by any chance know where I might be able to download a copy of Messiah 64bit without the HASP driver included? I've had no trouble with the Hasp, though I updated it with winXP before I got the Vista box, but I'm getting an error when installing Messiah. Paula sent me a dead link to download a copy of Messiah64 bit without the Hasp driver, but obviously I can't try it out until I get a copy.

Thanks!

Tama
03-01-2008, 06:17 PM
I had the same problem and did a search and found the Hasp4 drivers
at this site. Worked fine for my 32 bit install of messiah3.

http://www.imagecontent.com/lucis/tech.html

Thalaxis
03-01-2008, 06:38 PM
Were you able to get a copy of Messiah without the included driver? I haven't been able to download the one that Paula gave me a link to, it's definitely a bad URL.

kursad_pileksuz
03-01-2008, 06:54 PM
Messiah does not need to be installed really. You can zip on another computer and copy to another.

Tama
03-01-2008, 07:23 PM
Thalaxis,
Oops! I misunderstood your problem. I just downloaded the normal 32 & 64 bit versions
of messiah3.
I found the Aladdin link to be dead and thought that was your problem also.

Thalaxis
03-01-2008, 07:32 PM
Unfortunately, I'm trying to install the 64-bit version, but I have only one 64-bit system and a broken installer... :/

ThomasHelzle
03-01-2008, 08:43 PM
I found that the Links on the HASP website are only broken if I use Opera (what I always do ;-) ) with Firefox and IE they work here. Don't know what can be wrong with a simple link?

But that dongle updater not working on Vista is really a pain after a year of Vista being available...

Well, good to have some older machines or dual installs - or old-fashioned friends ;-)

And as was discovered before: You have to deactivate the User Security Bullshit in Vista to be able to install messiah with included dongle drivers, or start the installer as administrator. Someone with an english system should possibly post some screenshots how to do that.

Good luck,

Thomas

Thalaxis
03-01-2008, 08:50 PM
Odd.

Paula gave me corrected links, so I just downloaded a copy of the installer that does not include the Hasp drivers, and it installed fine. Now to get it stabilized, and I can actually try using it for the first time in a couple of years, since it didn't work on my older system :)

Thalaxis
03-01-2008, 09:11 PM
BTW, I had similar OpenGL problems as Boris... simply overriding the anti-aliasing settings via the nVidia control panel cured them.

CGTalk Moderation
03-01-2008, 09:11 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.