PDA

View Full Version : Solaric Glass Anemone Structure

sectora
02-14-2008, 09:25 AM
http://assets.cgsociety.org/nvart/1202981111/680bound
(http://assets.cgsociety.org/nvart/1202981111/1024bound)This is a further progression from images I have submitted for Exposť VI. I see this as an organic glass or composite material structure that can change shape according to time, weather and light conditions and generate power from its totally solar cell clad surfaces. The material can change from dark opaque to a glass like transparency according to need to filter out sun, regulate temperature and make areas private.

I am investigating this form and I love the way the curves generate new spaces from every angle you look at it.

I have composited it here with a photograph I took of a building site in the early evening to give it a context and atmosphere at the same time.

CLONEOPS
02-14-2008, 09:31 AM
Now that's more like it.
spicey.:)

biliousfrog
02-14-2008, 10:27 AM
hooray!

We're getting some decent entries!

LightSovereign
02-15-2008, 12:31 AM
I think its the best of your series..it all just works so well. especially the photographic setting..Beautiful work

koberko
02-15-2008, 11:26 PM
I'm a bit confused.... Sectora, you have couple more images in this challenge, if I'm not mistaken... but, If I have understood correctly, only on work per user is allowed in this challange.
6. Multiple entries are permitted in both individual and team categories.

skAt3f0r71f3
02-16-2008, 03:12 AM
I'm a bit confused.... Sectora, you have couple more images in this challenge, if I'm not mistaken... but, If I have understood correctly, only on work per user is allowed in this challange.

??? you just proved yourself wrong.

koberko
02-16-2008, 03:49 AM
??? you just proved yourself wrong.

Yeah, you are right... I have translate to my self word "permitted" incorrectly (English is not my first language). My mistake.... I apologies.

sandu22
02-16-2008, 10:39 PM
why you add that picuture on the back with so many details and your nice building is mostly under shadows? is a little bit strange, unreal...nice work, nice shape but you can improuve the final. :thumbsup:

sectora
02-16-2008, 10:49 PM
Hi Sandu,

Thanks for your comments!The reason why I did this image this way is that I like to leave room for the imagination. Maybe I could add some more details like lights but I want to keep the actual scale a bit vague (well it should at least be BIG... ;) )

The busy photo in the background serves both as a bit of scale reference and also as a contrast in detail (rough an dunfinished versus the very smooth and polished surfaces of this structure)

I haveanother image where I added more detail to the shape itself and I am experimenting with some other options for this structure as well.

Let's hope I can include them for this contest as well.

Thanks again for your comments.

avgas
02-17-2008, 09:14 AM
I have no idea what that would be like to live in but it's just beautiful. At last an inspirational submission.

sectora
02-17-2008, 09:24 AM
I thank you all very kindly for your positive feedback!

CGTalk Moderation
02-17-2008, 09:24 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.