PDA

View Full Version : Adjusting the Toolbox

mischi3d
02-13-2008, 09:29 AM
Hi everybody,
I'm always amazed by all the answers you guys give, this makes working with Maya so much more efficient.
I would like to know if there is a way of changing the toolbox: When I click on f.e. Hypershade/persp, it always changes to the persp-camera, which can be quite annoying when working with another camera. Is there a way to change it to f.e. Hypershade/actualCamera? That would make it much easier. How do you deal with this problem?

THANKS A LOT,
greeting from Munich
Michael

unsmoothed
02-13-2008, 01:34 PM
I dont know about the toolbox but you can customise the layouts from the Panel->Saved Layouts...->Edit Layouts... menu and make it into a shelf button

-uN

goleafsgo
02-13-2008, 02:09 PM
Those buttons on the toolbox can be switched to any saved layout...default or custom one. Just RMB click on the button and pick the one you want to switch it to.

mischi3d
02-19-2008, 01:13 PM
Thanks for the quick replies. The only problem I have is to adjust the persp-field. It only gives me the possibility to switch to the persp-camera (or top, left, front,...), but no other new camera. Right now, when I click on hypershade/persp, my f.e. camera1 switches to persp and afterwards I have to change the view to camera1 again. Is there no way to have outliner/camera1, hypershade/outliner/camera1 etc? That would make it so much easier? Don't you have the same problem?

Thanks,
Michael

CGTalk Moderation
02-19-2008, 01:13 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.