PDA

View Full Version : stretchable spine with an attribute to control the stretch?

Geuse
02-12-2008, 09:30 AM
As the topic implies, how do I do this?
I've followed the animation friendly rigging setup and when I rotate the spine controls this makes the spine to squash and to shrink. But sometimes I want the spine to hold it's volume when rotating the spine controls so I was wondering how to set up an attribute to control the scale. For instance an attribute that goes from 0 to 1 where 1 is full scale and 0 is no scale. I'm not sure if I'm supposed to use sdk or an expression and how to set this up or write this.

thanks in advance!

Boucha
02-13-2008, 05:51 AM
After u hav finished up setting all the strech n sqush U (multiplyDivide n all that stuffs) hav to....

1. Add an attribute to the controller for controlling strechyness..-min 0 max 1 default 0...
2. Create a condition Node (createNode condtion;)...
3. From the connection editor conect output x of multiply divide to color if true r of condition Node..
4. Also connect the new attribute in ur controller for strechyness to first term of condion node..
5. Now make sure that operation in condition attribute for condition node is set to "not equal..."
6. finally connect the out color r of condition node to the scale X of joint ....

the attribute added for controlling strechyness will work....

-thanks

Geuse
02-13-2008, 02:18 PM
WOW! Thanks a bunch dude! really, really appreciate it.

CGTalk Moderation
02-13-2008, 02:18 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.