PDA

View Full Version : combustion newbie paint object help

NSF
02-12-2008, 12:13 AM
Hi guys,

Wow, Combustion is massive and I have very little idea about what I'm doing within it. I've found some video and some pdf tutorials (mostly from the discreet website) but right now in my basic state even these are a little fast moving.

I'd really like to find something that tells me how to use the paint objects correctly. For some reason I can't figure out how to change the colour of a paint object despite watching what others do on video tutorials and it simply being a matter of selecting a different colour swatch, this just doesn't happen for me on the screen with paint objects. Text objects work fine. Maybe I'm on the wrong branch when trying to apply colour or something. Any help or links would be great.

Cheers,

PiXeL_MoNKeY
02-12-2008, 07:03 PM
Once you create the object you have to select it from the Workspace Panel. Then you can change the properties. If only the Paint Operator is selected, which happens after object creation, you are changing the values for newly created objects. You can also change the values before creating a paint object and they will be applied on creation.

-Eric

CGTalk Moderation
02-12-2008, 07:03 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.