PDA

View Full Version : Help On A displayLayer Manager

vincenzol
02-11-2008, 09:03 PM
Hi all!
I am working on a MEL script that manages Maya's displayLayers almost the same way as Photoshop does: It creates "containers" to group displayLayers, and a control for each container to manage member displayLayers' status. Using middle mouse button you can drag and drop inside the UI to estabilish memberships. (dropping outside a container will break membership for both displayLayers and containers)

You can download the script from:
www.vb30film.com/VINCE/hdl.zip (http://www.vb30film.com/VINCE/hdl.zip)

Now, granted that the script is yet to be completed (first of all I have to write the behavior of the container controls for members), let's say it is working pretty fine.
---BUT---
I am experiencing, sometimes, and in someway, FATAL ERRORS when I drag and drop "too much". It is difficult to figure out when, since sometimes it is happening, sometimes not.
Anybody could help in solving it? Any advice?

Thanks in advance,
Vincenzo

I want to remark that, since it is still a work in progress, and I know it causes errors, you should save your scene before using the script. I recommend trying it on new or test scenes.

CGTalk Moderation
02-11-2008, 09:03 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.