PDA

View Full Version : polygon combine undo

exjraordinary
04-30-2003, 05:18 PM
for my final project in my 2year college I'm using maya unlimited 4.5 to make a fight scene but for my character I made a mistake that has my guys eyes combined to his body, he is completely made of polygons. I would like to know if I can either go into the attribute editor or use something similar like extract, but that works better for my purposes to put both the body and the eyes into a group for animating. Or if you have a better way of approaching it, for animation. Additionally I have a scarf of nurbs with a skeleton in it and its around my guys neck with an expression on it to simulate a cloth like effect, I would also like to know the best way of combining that with my main guy's skeleton. If grouping is the best I'll just leave it how it is. Thanks

YankyBJeans
04-30-2003, 07:15 PM
Ok well Im not sure if im reading what you want correctly or not but from your threat title you can do this- modelling menu-edit polygons-separate tool. This will separate your combined pieces of geometry. Then I would say to parent the eyes to a bone in the head or maybe the head itself so that you can move them independantly of the head if you want to, but they will still move with the head like normal eyes do. I would say to also parent the scarf to the body so that when the body moves, so does the scarf. Im a newb still at riggin though so lets see what everyone else says.

Yanky

exjraordinary
04-30-2003, 07:19 PM
your idea was very much like how my friend just taught me a few minutes ago, that worked fine. thanks for your input it seems like its working better now.:)

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 01:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.