PDA

View Full Version : per particle colour and software Render!

EverZen
02-11-2008, 01:35 PM
hi guys,

I have successfully set up a particle system using the hardware renderer, and have got some particles to emit from the a surface, and inherit the colour from the point of the surface that they emit. This effect is great.

But I now want to do it using the software renderer with the "cloud s/w" render attribute. However, as soon as I switch over, the particlecloud1 node is introduced as the volume shader and everything turns blue (the default settings of the shader).

My question is, is there a way to maintain this nice cloud look (plus continue to use the software renderer), but still have the particles emiting with the same colour as the mesh, as worked perfectly with the hardware renderer?!

Any help, or tutorial links would be super useful!

Thanks guys :)

Rich

Htogrom
02-11-2008, 02:37 PM
Use particleSamplerInfo node in hypershade. Find rgpPP attribute and connect it to color of particle cloud shader.

EverZen
02-11-2008, 03:25 PM
hours and hours of looking for one little node that I completely over looked.

Thanks so much spellbound, that has helped more than I can say :)

cheers,

Rich

Aneks
02-16-2008, 05:07 AM
trying to get this working with instanced geometry. ie trying to get some varient colour on my instances. IS there a similar trick ?

Htogrom
02-16-2008, 09:47 AM
There's no way in maya to pass rgbPP to instances, since instancer is not type of particle, like point and cloud. So, the only way to do it is to make copies of the object with different shaders.

Als
02-17-2008, 11:22 PM
There is a trick to assing random number to instances, but not colors from the particles.
Some other renderers like final stage can pass the colors to instances.
Maya and MR still can't.
Search under maya dynamics here on cgtalk to find more about these solutions.

Als

PS
Bogdane, alal ti plajvaz!

Htogrom
02-18-2008, 10:51 AM
I think autodesk will fix that in Maya 2015. Right now top priority is adding more usless stuff to maya.

alexx
02-18-2008, 01:09 PM
ts ts ts..

btw.. has anyone of you (especially Spellbound) ever reported that to alias?

no report = no fix/implementation

but yes; this is a really long lost feature

cheers

alexx

Als
02-18-2008, 07:07 PM
Well, one of the things I asked few times is to be able to render all the types of particles in software render. And proper motion blur...
Now that's one of the reasons be bought Renderman For Maya, so now I understand why Autodesk still haven't implemented that - because you can do it if you have prman, and any "series" customer has one, or couple of hundreed ;)

Als

Wixman
02-19-2008, 08:09 AM
Being able to light particles properly straight out of the box should have been a priority years ago. I'd use sprites for EVERYTHING if this was possible.

Als
02-19-2008, 11:05 AM
If you buy 20 licenses of renderman for maya, you could! :scream:

Man can dream, heh! :shrug:

Als

Wixman
02-19-2008, 11:22 AM
maybe 'everything' was an exaggeration... not like, cloth sim and stuff.

CGTalk Moderation
02-19-2008, 11:22 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.