PDA

View Full Version : Animation WIP

Izzyw
02-10-2008, 09:27 AM
Hi everyone, was wondering if you could please share your comments and critiques on this animation. Anything would be helpful and appreciated. Thanks a lot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vz78eFbiqQM

Phredrek
02-28-2008, 04:38 PM
Hi! some nice stuff in there!

A couple hard stops when she dips down at the beginning.
Her pose is pretty much the same for the first 4 seconds, I know she's leaning away from him. I dunno, something though to change it up a bit, because her line of action is the same for a long time. theres opportunity there to change it up a bit.

As for the guy, I'd have his facial expression change when she gets into her stance, not when she says "it's only fair to warn you". also that secondary motion with his left arm is kind of distracting, it's great you got a wave principle going there, hand, arm, shoulders, then other elbow and hand. but I think it moves too much and distracts from the main action happening on camera left. Plus he does that wave thing twice, which is kind of weird maybe. When he lifts up the gun, it studders half way through, try to smooth out that motion.

aside from that, your animation looks pretty good! theres some hard stop throughout but if you did a pass to clean them up should be a solid little piece for your reel! just smooth out some of your actions, quite a few of them the motion studders in mid motion.

Good work though! that's coming along nicely

Frederic

CGTalk Moderation
02-28-2008, 04:38 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.