PDA

View Full Version : Daedalus, pascal blanché (3D)

pascal_blanche
02-09-2008, 04:52 PM
http://features.cgsociety.org/gallerycrits/59/59_1202579548_medium.jpg

Title: Daedalus
Name: pascal blanché
Software: 3ds max, Photoshop, VRay, ZBrush

Im really in the mood of revisting Greeks legends those days... yes i know, Thesee who killed the Minotaurus was a guy, details details ,:)
Actually i had a six pages little comicbook story in mind while creating this illustration.. if only i had the time to do it...

shtl
02-09-2008, 11:50 PM
Haha, Am I the first one?

OK, allready droped a comment on your portfolio, so...
What can I say? You HAVE TO find time. After all it's just 6 pages :P
Damn that would be so niiice!

Oh, did I mention this illustration is very cool? Her anatomy looks gorgeous, and sense of volume and colors are as usual with you better and better with the time.

lain105
02-09-2008, 11:54 PM
Such contrast! That would most certainly made a neat comic. :) I just love all the jewarly designs...

OmarFernandes
02-10-2008, 12:02 AM
amazing stuff as always

brendo2026
02-10-2008, 12:16 AM
The colour scheme is great, and the atonmy is stylstic and it does remind me of the Mobius comics or his style in particular, Mobius was big on eighties gym attire (sweat bands and short singlets).
I like this alot, keep it up as the series of works you have so far are outstanding :)

Bonds0097
02-10-2008, 12:21 AM
This is an excellent use of contrasting colors, I could definitely see this as a comic book cover (and not just for Top Cow).

VictorSantos
02-10-2008, 12:35 AM
Woah! I love the colors :) it seems a comic cover, great work :thumbsup:

Eloosive
02-10-2008, 02:09 AM
Beautiful work! It'd be truly something else to see a comic book full of this level of art!

BenCole
02-10-2008, 02:14 AM
i love the pose/modeling

z3phon
02-10-2008, 02:45 AM
Wow awesome work as always!
Love the helmet shes got on. :applause:

koolnits
02-10-2008, 04:47 AM
Awesome render...in comic's style :thumbsup:
4 stars ****

thedoc
02-10-2008, 06:05 AM
you do it everytime... why?

Piz
02-10-2008, 08:51 AM
That's... Awesome!!! Really Nice Illustration Master Pascal!!! I love it! :bounce:

e338
02-10-2008, 10:09 AM
Very cool piece Pascal, probably my fav' from your latest funky pieces.
your colour scheme starts making sense I think and you definitely have to push it forward, this is all very cool.
The minautor's design is excellent and her pose is sweet as can be.

One tiny little critic; although your highres sculpting is better each time, in the meantime I think you should sharpen it a bit. I'm thinking about the helmet detailing in particular. These spirals and spikes, a bit more sharp, would probably enhance the roundness of the anatomy. mmm. ;)
my 2 cents.

Respect !

cleyton
02-10-2008, 03:04 PM
very good job, i'm your fan!! :thumbsup:

bazze
02-10-2008, 03:17 PM
I very much enjoy your stile - it reminds me a lot of the illustrations in the "Heavy Metal" magazine (Sci-fi and fantasy magazine from the 80s).

Neox3d
02-10-2008, 04:01 PM
i say amazing, fantastic, comic and cool, 4 stars

skAt3f0r71f3
02-10-2008, 05:35 PM
this is in the wrong section!
should be in the award section
but for real!
this is phenominal work!

pascal_blanche
02-10-2008, 06:11 PM
thamks for the kind feedback everyone!

I'm thinking about the helmet detailing in particular. These spirals and spikes, a bit more sharp, would probably enhance the roundness of the anatomy. mmm. ;)
my 2 cents.

Respect !

yup you're right my friend ive been too lazy on this one ;)

irananimator
02-10-2008, 09:13 PM
woow
Great pose.
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Hamed katebi

sk3d
02-11-2008, 05:47 AM
Oh lordy thats cool! Always been a fan, realy like how you have been pushing colour composition in your works lately, its really striking. Love it!

largil
02-11-2008, 06:57 AM
Wow brillant work as always
4 stars for me****:thumbsup:

Biohazard
02-11-2008, 02:34 PM
Pôpire ! :)
I have to agree about the detail/sharpness though. I reminds me Caza (http://www.noosfere.com/caza/accueil.html)all the way*. great job!

GinoLatino
02-12-2008, 11:26 AM
:eek: , great models; the pose is perfect!

MindTraveler
02-25-2008, 03:41 AM
Story Story story. youve really got it in this one. Color choices are interesting not sure if I love it 100percet but when I stop thinking entertainment industry and start thinking art, I realise I would gladly hang this on my wall with a smile :P You're the man.

-Anwar Bey-Taylor

arizaga
02-26-2008, 09:31 AM
I know that is a big secret but... ;) I know tha a person with your talent and kowledge could show a lot of his experience in a production process... Well I'm not going to ask about your ideas but the way you use to achieve your goals with software.

Could you explain a little your professional technique process in the creation of this kind of picture you had in mind?
Some about the modeling, what parts were done in max and zbrush and then again max?
Use of displacement maps or normal maps, a combination...? Wich paramenters are better to export your maps in z and which parameters are better in vray modifier for you with this kind of maps?
Which technique is better for your aims, mapping and painting the characters and objects in a scene like this?
Some about the process to pose the figure? In which point did you start to pose?
Some about the refinement of the figure and corrections...
And finally tell us a little about your postproduction of the image. A little tip or trick is wellcome ;)

You can or not response this my friend, I know that is too much long this post.

Sorry about my poor english and thanks for your time, 5 stars to "Daedalus" and the "Robotica".

Luis A.

pascal_blanche
02-27-2008, 04:14 AM
thx arizaga, tuttorials are always a pain to make you know ;) but i've just posted a tiny work process on my 3dsmax9 splash screen here:

http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?f=132&t=598631&page=5&pp=15
not technical, but it gives you a slight idea of how i work ;)

Krep Suzeth
03-03-2008, 01:52 PM
Très chouette Pascal, vraiment j'aime beaucoup l'orientation graphique de tes dernières illustrations.
Celle-ci est vraiment très bonne, le contexte, les couleurs, chapeau bas !

Une petite critique quand même (héhé) je suis d'accord avec e338 sur le casque mais aussi sur le retour de jaune qu'il prend, surtout qu'on le regarde pas mal le visage de cette petite (quand on a réussi à se décoler les yeux de son ruban jaune!).

Mais bon, les goûts e tles couleurs...

nwiz25
05-25-2008, 11:19 AM
awesome piece! very distinct style! i've always adored the female pose in all your works :love: especially my top favourite .. mermaid ..
stunning!

pascal_blanche
05-26-2008, 01:52 AM
Très chouette Pascal, vraiment j'aime beaucoup l'orientation graphique de tes dernières illustrations.
Celle-ci est vraiment très bonne, le contexte, les couleurs, chapeau bas !

Une petite critique quand même (héhé) je suis d'accord avec e338 sur le casque mais aussi sur le retour de jaune qu'il prend, surtout qu'on le regarde pas mal le visage de cette petite (quand on a réussi à se décoler les yeux de son ruban jaune!).

Mais bon, les goûts e tles couleurs...

whaaa j,assure pas :( sorry bonhomme, j'ai po vu ton gentil message avant aujourdhui!
ruban jaune? quel ruban jaune?
:P
bisouxes a ta ptite famille! on se revoit en Aout!

phoenix
11-22-2008, 07:57 PM
again lovely colors and nice posture

regards

CGTalk Moderation
11-22-2008, 07:57 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.