PDA

View Full Version : Going nuts over story idea PLS HELP!

LambentDawn
02-09-2008, 04:36 AM
I need help on good story writting. Any advice you have, directions you could point me in will be greatly appreciated.

I have been trying to think of a story to create in 3d for years. The story I thought would work I have looked at again and again and I know it is horribly lacking. I don't think that the smpathy I wanted the audience to have with the main character will ever happen. I had way too many things going on in the story. At least I've widdled it down to this:

I want to create an emotional story about a character that realizes his true potential.

I wanted to use a dragon as the main character, who thinks / is treated/ like a dog. He is fed from a bowl, does as he is told, but he has a naturalistic side in him that continues to pop up, but he gets punished for it, and so he is also ashamed of it. Something has to happen that he realizes what he is, and when he starts acting like a dragon he feels liberated. I thought this could be shown by his first flight.

I've been very worried about the cliche' factor of the story, but for some reason I can't bring myself to want to use anything but a baby dragon.

After taking another six month break from this it's popped back up and is driving me nuts again that I still haven't been able to figure this out.

thankyou

lazzy

CGTalk Moderation
02-09-2008, 04:36 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.