PDA

View Full Version : Blender 2.27 out soon

JA-forreal
04-30-2003, 06:21 AM
Wanted to be the first to post this info here on cgtalk!-

http://www.blender.org/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=42&mode=thread&order=0&thold=0

JA-forreal
04-30-2003, 06:31 AM
- Alt-m in textwindow: copies the text to the active (3d) Font Object in 3D window
- support for Freetype fonts in 3D Font Object
- new & antialised fonts in interface (freetype)
- autoskinning for Armatures
- windows: clipboard support for cut/paste

Ah, now I can add my text for video presentations right into blender directly! no more need for Elefonts.

Gota love the autoskinning!

kid tripod
04-30-2003, 08:06 AM
The most important thing though: the first step towards a more open shader system. Woohoo!

emtilt
05-01-2003, 03:51 AM
Originally posted by kid tripod
The most important thing though: the first step towards a more open shader system. Woohoo!

What do you mean?

Chris
05-01-2003, 04:18 AM
instead of just having a blinn shading model (at least, I think Blender uses Blinn) it will have others, possibly Phong, Oren-Nayer Blinn, toon shading & if thats happening, then the possibilities there to introduce further models - like a sub surface scattering model perhaps? An occlusion shader? Saweeet!
:)

dani
05-01-2003, 05:33 PM
hehe! it's the opposite:

blender uses phong, but cessen has introduced Toon shading and Blinn...

the next step will be a plugin system for the pixelshader (phong etc... will become plugons and other shading types could become programmable)

Ciao
Dani

Chris
05-01-2003, 09:26 PM
Ha! Thought it might have been, damn memory aint what it u... what was I saying? :D

hanzo
05-13-2003, 03:29 AM
this is cool, him I think it maybe out in two days as well!

:surprised I need the game engine!

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 12:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.