PDA

View Full Version : Slalom animation

staffan_054830912
02-08-2008, 09:24 AM
Hello everybody!

I'd like to share this animation with you and it would be nice to here what you think about it.
Here it is (http://mypart.se/slalom/Animation.html)

Staffan :)

rydgen
02-12-2008, 04:48 PM
It's looking pretty good. The thing that sticks out to me is that the arms do not seem to be absorbing as much weight and pushing off the ski poles. They look like they're simply moving through a cycle, with no sense of weight. The legs are good and look weighty. Perhaps leaning the torso into the push and having it come out of the push a frame or two after the actual push should help in conveying the sense of weight. Yeah, that seems to be the main problem there is that the body is too straight up and down and needs to bend side to side with the pushes more. Looks pretty good otherwise that I can tell.

staffan_054830912
02-13-2008, 11:47 AM
Thank you very much. I'll look into that and see what I can do about it. For the time beeing I'm working on another project of mine so it will take some time until we can see the result of your advise.

I've thought about it a little more and came upp with this. When you make a turn in slalom you only use the poles to sort of mark the shift of weight from one side to the other. You shuoldn't lean on them or make a push.

/Staffan

CGTalk Moderation
02-13-2008, 11:47 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.