PDA

View Full Version : Converting 24 fps to 15 fps?

Douglask
04-30-2003, 05:01 AM
Okay, this is oddly confusing for me right now...could just be from a long day at the office but here goes...

So I have 24 fps footage and I would like to convert it to 15 fps (for a pseudo-dream phase) keeping the same "Timecode work-frame" for sound purposes--not adding extra, or taking away frames--just adding more dropframes to the sequence by replacing existing frames. Now I'm going mental in both AE and Combustion trying to figure this out. Is there a seperate conversion package that I have to look at or is this possible in the compositing packages?

Hope I explained that okay...

Cheers!

wireFrame
04-30-2003, 05:34 AM
I think you need another software or plugin to do that. Twixtor(?) for AE or an editing app (edit/final cut?).

You should ask someone from your company to convert for you if you're just using C2. If you have an editing suite or FFI suite it's just a desktop processing conversion (timewarp) or Batch (motion estimator).

Douglask
04-30-2003, 06:18 AM
Twixtor was EXACTLY what I needed. Thanks alot bud!

Cheers!

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 01:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.