PDA

View Full Version : UV Map Problem

Steyn
02-07-2008, 10:49 AM
I made a UV map in modeller, and took the model over into layout, but when I added the displacement on it, or any other texture, the UV map won't work, only planar. I'm using Lightwave 9.2. Not sure if this ever happened to anyone else though. I tried doing it on another machine, and the same thing happens. I choose UV, I choose the UV map, and nothing. No texture, no displacement, nothing. I can't use planar because the object turns in the animation, and that, of course, screws up the displacement.

Steyn
02-07-2008, 11:00 AM
Nevermind, got it working. Used the wrong displacement option. Why there are two of them I do not know.

biliousfrog
02-07-2008, 12:37 PM
yeah, normal displacement.

As for your previous comment about not using planar for animation...once the object has been mapped the image should "stick". Lightwave uses Modeler's co-ordinates for mapping not Layout's so even if an object is rotated 90 in Y, a map projected along Z will still be projected along Z from the objects point of view, not the scene's.

CGTalk Moderation
02-07-2008, 12:37 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.