PDA

View Full Version : Dog Walk Cycle WIP

MalcolmAngus
02-07-2008, 10:37 AM
Allo,

Took my first bash at a dog walk cycle. It still needs work and all the curves are still in linear form. I've been staring at this thing for too long so I'd really appreciate some feedback. Putting together a show reel for games but I don't know if this will be good enough. Would be looking for an entry level animator role.

Cheers

Littleberu
02-08-2008, 02:12 AM
I'm not here to comment on your animation as I have no constructive comments to offer, but I'm mesmerized by your rig : where did you take it?

Thanks! :)

dragonlair81
02-08-2008, 05:32 AM
www.rigging101.com its from Javier Solsona master class that he did for siggraph. It should be under the free stuff on the site.
(http://jonhandhisdog.com/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=59&action=profile;u=33)

MalcolmAngus
02-08-2008, 03:32 PM
I've updated it a bit. Any feedback would be helpful.

SalvadorRuizJr
02-09-2008, 05:13 AM
You should flip the paw up slightly before they hit. Also a front view would be nice too see how much side to side you have. I've never played with the rig, but if the control is there you should use a little more shoulder motion for some weight.

TBart
02-10-2008, 01:19 AM
It looks pretty good. I would give the front paws more floppiness. When the paw lifts up off of the ground, it should pretty quickly snap up and almost double back on the leg. Hope that makes sense. Maybe the correct term would be more overlapping action. I like it though.

zog34
02-10-2008, 04:08 AM
I think the hind legs look too light. They lift off too soon, or the timing or spacing is missing a frame or two.

Nice job, otherwise!

CGTalk Moderation
02-10-2008, 04:08 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.